Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 09:28 AM   #1
kevand
AF Newbie

Does DVD player in Town and Country play DVD+R or DVD-R?

This is kind of Town and Country-specific but I guess this will apply to the DVD players in other vehicles too so...

We're thinking of getting the T&C with the DVD player for the kids. I don't really want the movies left out in the car in the heat (we live in Texas) but I know that's going to happen at some point. To that end, I was thinking about copying the movies to DVD+R (or DVD-R, whatever) and keeping the copies in the car. That way, if anything happens to them, I'm only out the $1.50 or so for the blank disc.

Does anybody know if the DVD player in the Town and Country can play DVD+R or DVD-R formatted discs?

Thanks,
Kevan.
kevand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #2
bobzjr
AF Newbie

Re: Does DVD player in Town and Country play DVD+R or DVD-R?

I have a 2003 T&C with the standard DVD player installed. I don't believe the player says that is compatible with any recorded dvd formats. However, I have tried several different types of recorded dvds. The DVD+R format never worked for me (at least the ones I tried). However, I did have some limited luck with the DVD-R format. I did have some that worked ok - but later the unit quit working. The tech suggested that since the unit was not meant to play recorded DVDs, it might be trying a bit too hard to play the recorded formats. I did replace the unit with identical hardware. Currently I've been using another brand of DVD-R and have only had limited success. Specifically, the unit will play the given dvd until about 50 minutes have passed and then it goes haywire. It skips chapters and basicly won't play the DVD anymore. Also of note: The recorded DVDs take a long time to startup - sometimes a full minute... If you have one of these units and want to play recorded media - I suggest you look at a product from Western Digital - which is called the HD Media Player. It can be plugged into the aux port of the video system and can play lots of stuff. VERY COOL. I pray that it's ok to give you link here: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?DriveID=572
Good Luck.
bobzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
bobzjr
AF Newbie

I posted earlier comments on my 2003 Town and Country. Keep in mind that the newer models may have better compatibility than mine. Check what year T&C you are considering and check into that specific models dvd system... BETTER YET - take some recorded DVDs with you and try them out on the model you are considering purchasing. Good Luck.
bobzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
nathan19
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzjr View Post
I posted earlier comments on my 2003 Town and Country. Keep in mind that the newer models may have better compatibility than mine. Check what year T&C you are considering and check into that specific models dvd system... BETTER YET - take some recorded DVDs with you and try them out on the model you are considering purchasing. Good Luck.
this is good advice, good luck OP!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion