Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mondeo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 02:47 AM   #1
Ford Mondeo ST220
AF Newbie

No Mondeo Owners in the US

Is there no Mondeo ownwers in the US?
This is going to be a classic car in Sweden and in all of Europe.

Slangen
Ford Mondeo ST220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:14 PM   #2
redhorseV6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to redhorseV6
Re: No Mondeo Owners in the US

nope, no mondeos over here. i was in england last week and they were everywhere and i was thinking, "what the hell are those?" they're like a smaller version of the taurus, which is ford's flagship sedan in the states. it's bigger and has a V6 (not sure what mondeo has, assuming 4 cylinder).
redhorseV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #3
Ford Mondeo ST220
AF Newbie

My car is a Mondeo ST220 and it has a 226bhp v6 engin and that is a more sporty edition.
Factory sports syspention, anti sway bars, 18" aloy weels is standard as well as a 6 speed gearbox.
Ford Mondeo ST220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:33 AM   #4
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie

The previous generation Mondeo was sold in the states badged as a "Contour" but the car is really little more than a restyled Mazda 626, and Europe, the US and Japan (as well as asia) all got basicly the same models with differnt names.

The new Mondeo is something quite differnt. While it shares the same basic platform as the new Mazda 6, its a very differnt car, and a true return to the British and German Ideal of a company car. An ideal started by cars like the Consul Capri and Zepher, and reached by the Cortina.
The new Mondeo is the Cortina of the new millineum, and prehaps in 20 years might have a similar classic status.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:59 AM   #5
Tractor 68 Boy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tractor 68 Boy Send a message via MSN to Tractor 68 Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Tractor 68 Boy

So its pretty much a Contour SVT?
Tractor 68 Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:20 AM   #6
beyondloadedSE
AF Ford Contour-Advisor

Ive seen a few mondeos over here in the states. The new mondeo st220 is more like the mazda 6 since both share the 3.0L duratec.

"The CEG Nazi"
www.contour.org
1996 Ford Contour SE - Sold
3.0L V6 and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit
364 whp, 410 wtq @ 16 psi and only 4,700 rpms.
1999 Tropic Green SVT Contour - Bone stock and MINT
beyondloadedSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 10:43 PM   #7
zx2srdotnet
Banned

Send a message via AIM to zx2srdotnet

i didnt think mazda used ford motors, they just designed similar ones
zx2srdotnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:59 PM   #8
tour95
AF Newbie

Re: Re: No Mondeo Owners in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppie
The previous generation Mondeo was sold in the states badged as a "Contour" but the car is really little more than a restyled Mazda 626, and Europe, the US and Japan (as well as asia) all got basicly the same models with differnt names.

The new Mondeo is something quite differnt. While it shares the same basic platform as the new Mazda 6, its a very differnt car, and a true return to the British and German Ideal of a company car. An ideal started by cars like the Consul Capri and Zepher, and reached by the Cortina.
The new Mondeo is the Cortina of the new millineum, and prehaps in 20 years might have a similar classic status.
The Contour sold in the U.S. between 1995 and 2000 was designed by Ford of Europe as the Mondeo and shared no parts with the Mazda 626. The no longer available Ford Probe shared mechanicals, etc.. with the Mazda 626. You may have gotten the two confused. When I had my Contour at a local dealer once, the service manager said, these Japanese cars can be a real problem. Just goes to show the expertise of some dealer personnel. Anyway, I wish the Contour had stayed around long enough to have evolved along with the current Mondeo, which is a very nice ride.
tour95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:34 AM   #9
RodCar
AF Newbie

Just for information: I live in Mexico and Mondeos here are a very expensive cars, I have one myself is a Ghia 2004 Mondeo, I do not know why in USA they do not have them, anyway the new Ford called Fusion will be available in USA and is like a Mondeo pretty much.
RodCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #10
saph.st24
AF Newbie

i own a mondeo st24 mk2 its a lovely car to drive with it lower ride height 18in alloy, scorpion exhaust,k&n air filter (i love this car
saph.st24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:52 AM   #11
saph.st24
AF Newbie

p.s i am not from america like it says on my profile but i am english and in england
Old 12-17-2005, 08:01 AM   #12
saph.st24
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondloadedSE
Ive seen a few mondeos over here in the states. The new mondeo st220 is more like the mazda 6 since both share the 3.0L duratec.
the picture you have shown is known over here as a mk1 mondeo we are now on the mk6 mondeo and are one of the nicer cars we have over here it not a very expencive car to buy and is a very popualar car thats because ford are reliable and cope very well with the british weather
Old 12-17-2005, 08:03 AM   #13
saph.st24
AF Newbie

Re: Re: No Mondeo Owners in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodCar
Just for information: I live in Mexico and Mondeos here are a very expensive cars, I have one myself is a Ghia 2004 Mondeo, I do not know why in USA they do not have them, anyway the new Ford called Fusion will be available in USA and is like a Mondeo pretty much.
over here the fusion is nothing like the mondeo it is a cross between a ford focus and a ford fiesta the latter being a very small car and not very fast in the slightest
Old 12-27-2005, 04:20 PM   #14
replicant_008
AF Enthusiast

The V6 Mazda 2.5 litre engine is a completely different engine entirely from the Duratec 2.5 and 3 litre engines. Confusingly, the Mazda V6 was used in the BTCC Mondeo driven in the 90s not the Duratec V6.

To make it even more confusing, the Duratec 4 cylinder series engines (which replaced the Zetec ones) were engineered by Mazda but are made by Ford and also appear in some of the European Mazdas but not in Asia Pacific where the engine is a Mazda one.

The most recent Mazda 6 uses a 2.0 litre and 2.3 litre 4 cylinder - again a Mazda design and manufacture with a turbo'd version in the MPS.

The Mazda 626 (and later Mazda 6) and the Mondeo are entirely different chassis and bodies.

However, the current Mazda 2/Ford Fiesta and the Mazda 3, Ford Focus are related (and there's a Volvo spinoff the 3/Focus chassis) with common platforms although engines differ. The new Focus XR5 uses a turbo 5 cylinder engine derived from the low blow Volvo modular in line 4/5/6 cylinder family.

The Mazda engines tend to like revs and squeeze a little bit more throttle response and power out than the Ford ones. The Ford ones tend to be more economical and pull better in the mid-range but don't have the sparkle of the mazda ones
Contrary to popular belief I don't hate women I hate mankind in general and that makes me a misanthrope - Psychopaths engage in antisocial behaviour unknowingly - I have empathy and moral responsibility I just value my own personal needs more... that makes me a sociopath.
replicant_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:34 AM   #15
WeekendRambo
AF Newbie

In Ireland ... The police force ( Gardai ) use the Ford Mondeo, myself I currently own a Mondeo TD Zetec Saloon ... Great car indeed!!
WeekendRambo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mondeo