Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Giulietta
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
alfalfa2013
AF Newbie

Talking Why do you like Alfa?

Hey everyone!
I’m a student doing my assignment about cars (specifically Alfa Romeo or Giulietta) and I feel like this is going to be a tough assignment so I’d like some of your expertise please!- you don’t need to like the car either, I’d like some negative or neutral reviews too.

There’s this survey that explains a bit of your deeper psychological drive to purchase certain products: http://www.strategicbusinessinsights...resurvey.shtml
I got Innovator/Experiencer, what did you get?

Please answer these questions as well:
1) What is your occupation, age, sex, state you live in (city or suburb)
2) What are the benefits of this car? Does it outweigh the negatives?
3) What do you think about their ads?
4) Apart from forums, how do you search for the car you want?
5) What are your top 5 cars and least 5 cars?
6) What do you know about the Alfa Romeo?
7) If a car’s slogan was “the romance of performance”, what does that mean to you ?
8) what sort of people drive Alpha Romeo?
9) If you were buying a new car, whose opinion would you seek ?
10) What come to mind when you think of Italy ?

Thank you for helping me out!
alfalfa2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
CSportivo
AF Newbie

Re: Why do you like Alfa?

My advice, do not ask the people who pass by Alfa Romeo of these questions, then the people who do not fit into any schemes or categories of person who really loves Alfa Romeo, not looking at the tests, statistics and opinions, just buy and take pleasure in driving, which no other brand does not offer them. You do not need a smartphone, you do not need a computer, you do not need the map, you have the Alfa Romeo so just go.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
alfalfa2013
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSportivo View Post
then the people who do not fit into any schemes or categories of person who really loves Alfa Romeo, not looking at the tests, statistics and opinions, just buy and take pleasure in driving, which no other brand does not offer them.
You seem to be quite passionate about Alfa, all I wanted was an opinion because my assignment is based on advertising and promotion/ consumer research. Don't underestimate the importance of surveys and consumer research, it's psychological and analytical, so if you like Alfa that much, why? or why not? Or a different car?
alfalfa2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #4
CSportivo
AF Newbie

It is impossible to say in simple words for what he loves to Alfa Romeo, if you did not have Alfa Romeo, it will be hard to you to understand what it is so unique offers.

"When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford
Old 08-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Dave B.
AF Regular

OK, I'll give this one a shot.
1. I'm 63, a retired accountant/analyst, male and live in rural southern Ohio.
2. Benefits? Negatives? This isn't a question that applies to Alfas. In general, though, the cars have superior handling and performance (for their engine size). Alfas have never been 'mainstream' and the company's designers seem to understand this and build cars for what is primarily a niche market (Alfasuds notwithstanding). Negatives? Alfas (again in general) rust easily and require careful maintenance.
3. Alfa seems to have fun with its ads. The passion for driving always shows through.
4. Finding the right older Alfa is a waiting game. It's not like looking for a Porsche. The forums are the key.
5. Top 5/least 5? Please! This isn't a question I can answer. How big? How small? Used for what? Keep how long?
6. I've owned one Alfa (a 105 series Giulietta - sold it many years ago) but have been around them, driven friends' cars and read about them for the last 50 years. Lovely cars, wonderful to drive, but buying another one is not in my plans at the moment.
7. "The Romance of Performance" - I didn't realize that this was an Alfa tag-line, but it's a nice advertising ploy. Sorry, I don't pay much attention to the words cranked out by advertising flaks.
8. All sorts of people are likely to buy an Alfa - once. Repeat buyers are those who appreciate a car designed for the driver. These repeat buyers aren't put off by the cars' idiosyncrasies and maintenance requirements.
9. When I'm looking at new cars, I like to do my own research. Once I've narrowed down the field, I like talking to people who have actually owned the cars for an extended period.
10. Italy - I think of sunshine, passionate people, history that goes back beyond the Romans and car makers willing to build for markets that number in the hundreds or even dozens instead of millions.
11. Hope this helps!
Dave B.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > Giulietta