Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Choppers
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
mojomachine13
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to mojomachine13
Spark plugs continuously fouling

I have a victory motorcycle that I picked up for 1800 bucks. It's my first bike and I know nothing about motorcycle engines. Please help! Everytime I run it for any length of time the spark plugs will foul. I take them out clean them up and run the bike again. fouled again. This is the cycle. What do I need to do?
Thanks!
mojomachine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: Spark plugs continuously fouling

Not many people visit this particular forum anymore, so in the future, you'd be best off posting in the street bike forum. The first thing I would check is the spark plugs to be sure they are the proper ones and the proper heat range.

The next thing I'd check is the carb (if it's not fuel injected). It sounds like it could be clogged or out of adjustment, and is dumping too much fuel.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
teresap989
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz View Post
Not many people visit this particular forum anymore, so in the future, you'd be best off posting in the street bike forum. The first thing I would check is the spark plugs to be sure they are the proper ones and the proper heat range.

The next thing I'd check is the carb (if it's not fuel injected). It sounds like it could be clogged or out of adjustment, and is dumping too much fuel.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
LoneStarAutos
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomachine13 View Post
I have a victory motorcycle that I picked up for 1800 bucks. It's my first bike and I know nothing about motorcycle engines. Please help! Everytime I run it for any length of time the spark plugs will foul. I take them out clean them up and run the bike again. fouled again. This is the cycle. What do I need to do?
Thanks!
The Best thing to do is to have your motorcycle's CDI checked. Since you bought it secondhand, maybe the CDI is busted. Busted CDI damages Spark Plugs. Well that's based on my experience. Or you can always try to replace it with an IRIDIUM Spark Plug. Its much better than the ordinary ones. A little expensive though..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Choppers