Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security
Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
sak22
USACMRETVET

Rear Door Subwoofers

Hi all,

Bottom line... Looking for a high quality pair of subwoofers for the rear doors of my
2007 CR-V.

I have a 2007 and a 2008 CR-V EX-L. The 08 came with the upgraded audio with amp and the subwoofer under the seat, the 07 did not. I purchased the Bass Speaker System w/Attachment Accessory from Honda, installed it and the system sounds much better in the 07 now. However, it doesn't sound nearly as good as the 08 factory installed system. At low to medium volume, the 07 sounds fine. When you turn the volume up high the bass starts to clip (I can turn the volume all the way to 35 if I wanted to in the 08 and it's crystal clear with good bass and no clipping). I have made various adjustments to the gain and high cut, but nothing seems to make it sound any better. So I guess two questions:

1. Just for curiosity, can someone tell me what the Bass Speaker System w/Attachment
Accessory from Honda is rated at for power (speakers and amp)?

2. And can someone recommend a good drop in subwoofer for the rear doors to replace the ones that came in the kit? I want a set that needs no modification, cutting, drilling etc... and would also like all mounting holes to line up. I understand that I'll probably have to cut the connecter off and solder to the speaker terminals, but other than that, I don't want to have to modify anything.

Price really isn't an issue, I want a good pair of subwoofers that will match up properly to the power of the amp... I believe the subwoofers are 6" or 6 1/2".

Do not want a bass box or tube in the back as an alternative

I listen to classic rock most of the time at medium levels when I'm driving, but every now and again, I like turning it up. I would like to do so and hear the bass hitting hard and clear, not clipping and distorting.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Another note: I understand that a separate amplified subwoofer (7th speaker) will sound better than replacing rear door speakers as the subs, but there's got to be aftermarket subwoofer speakers out there that sound much better than the ones Honda supplies in their accessory kit.
2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS- Dark Cherry Red Metallic
1989 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado- Custom Black Cherry Metallic
"The Black Beauty"

Last edited by sak22; 04-30-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Add info
sak22 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security