Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series
E Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford E-150, Ford E-250, Ford E-350, and Ford E-450.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
hufhouse
AF Regular

Smile Rear air conditioning hoses

I purchased a 1998 Ford E150 handicapped van to be able to transport my Mom. She's in a wheelchair in assisted living.

Let me be clear...this van GOES and STOPS and the wheelchair lift works. That's about it. Otherwise, it's a pretty decrepit old rust bucket with non-functioning A/C, power steering, locks, etc. But, it sure has simplified our life trying to get Mom to doctor appointments and family functions! :-)

Anyway, when I pulled into the assisted living parking lot (where we park the van) the other day, I noticed something hanging down from the bottom of the van on the driver's side just behind the driver's seat. At first, I was concerned it might be related to the brakes, but they work just fine.

So, I climbed around under the van and, the best I can figure, these are air conditioning hoses for the rear A/C. There are two identical black hoses in that area. They seem to have some kind of junction in this area that has rusted off. Since the A/C doesn't work anyway, I don't really care. But, I wanted to make sure this makes sense.

Does this sound right to anyone else?
hufhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series