Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #1
Tidbit960
AF Newbie

Avenger SXT+ overheating issue

We have a 2012 Avenger SXT PLUS 3.6L that began to overheat & we're told that it was a blown head gasket due to the fact there was oil leaking into the coolant & causing it to gum up & over heat which is a common symptom of head gasket being blown. After tons of reading & watching video after video I've discovered that w/this specific motor in the 3.6L Avenger they use a specific oil cooler that is apparently a very flawed part that quite often fails (or it's gaskets fail) causing oil & coolant to mix with 1 another & is often misdiagnosed by many mechanics especially if they aren't use to working on this specific motor. So I'm almost certain it's led to many ppl giving up on their Avengers assuming that the head gaskets are blown & it's actually just the oil cooler housing & gaskets failing that's causing the issue. I'm leaving this mainly for other Avenger owners dealing w/ overheating issues possibly similar sounding to mine so they can hopefully not assume their cars motor is shot & give up on it cuz this is something I'd check 1st. I'm curious if any1 else has experienced this issue or done this repair & if you suggest replacing the entire oil cooler housing or if it's okay to just replace the oil cooler housing gaskets? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tidbit960 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cooler , gaskets , head , oil , overheating
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger