Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:39 AM   #1
chadta
AF Newbie

Question minivan time

ok ive finally hit that age where fun cars just arent practical, i need to buy a mini van and have no idea which is a good one so im looking for some input, heres what ive got so far,

1 under $10,000 which puts me into a 95 - 99 here in ontario
2 as close to 100,000 km's as possible
3 one owner with service records
4 not white or tan just because i hate those colors

anything else ??

also what kind of van do you like or dislike and why ?
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 08:28 PM   #2
Hudson
Old Mod

For minivans, I typically recommend the Honda Odyssey and Chrysler minivans. In your price range, I think it would be one of the Chryslers. Make sure it's a solid car with no major problems. Transmissions have been the weak point of these vehicles and if you can find one that hasn't shown any problems here, you'll be happy. Try to avoid the 3.0L Mitsubishi engine.

GM vans don't crash well. Ford vans don't feel as solid as the Chryslers. Toyotas and Hondas will be too expensive unless you want one of the four cylinder Honda Odysseys (older generation, swinging doors) or Toyota Previa (underpowered unless it's supercharged).
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:25 PM   #3
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
My mother has owned a few Caravans over the years. (I am holding out as long as possible before I get one) They were real solid runners. Very few problems and were a pretty comfortable ride. You will be happier with the larger engine options to get a loaded one up and running though. They are a dog when fully loaded.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!