Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
LtCmdrFlygirl
AF Newbie

"Trac Off" and "Check Engine" light keeps coming on...

Mine is a 2002 Cav Z24 automatic. The "trac off" and "check engine" light are making repeat performances on me. This started 2 weeks ago, and I was told it was an o2 sensor. Ok, fine, had it replaced. Well, $300 and a week later, the 2 lights came on again. This time I was told something-or-other housing was cracked, which was affecting the spark plugs, causing the light to come on. Well, again, $300 and ANOTHER week later, I have the same lights coming on. WHAT the HELL can be going on? Anybody out there, please HELP!!!
LtCmdrFlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
quake61
AF Regular

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCmdrFlygirl
Mine is a 2002 Cav Z24 automatic. The "trac off" and "check engine" light are making repeat performances on me. This started 2 weeks ago, and I was told it was an o2 sensor. Ok, fine, had it replaced. Well, $300 and a week later, the 2 lights came on again. This time I was told something-or-other housing was cracked, which was affecting the spark plugs, causing the light to come on. Well, again, $300 and ANOTHER week later, I have the same lights coming on. WHAT the HELL can be going on? Anybody out there, please HELP!!!

i did a search and found this hope it helps

that havent happened to me thats why i am not sure

hope it helps good luck

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...archid=1235447
quake61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
jdthewrench
AF Newbie

First of all, the common thing with the trac off light is a broken wire in the shifter. That is if it's automatic. The button is on the shifter to turn the traction control on and off. The wiring gets busted off with normal use. Lots of used parts available. Now I've never seen the two lights come on at the same time in that one is for the abs and one is for the powertrain which are two separate systems. I guess I need the Codes to figure this one out. It is possible to have multiple problems turn the ses or service engine soon light on as the computer monitors almost everything electrical under the hood. One light for 50 different things. How does the vehicle run, and have you had the battery checked?
jdthewrench is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis