Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport
View Poll Results: whats the best "sporty sedan out there?
WRX 85 49.42%
CIVIC 4 2.33%
M3 46 26.74%
RX-8 15 8.72%
LANCER 22 12.79%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 01:59 PM   #46
rezdog_420
AF Regular

true about your comment on how WRX's are sold fast, i work at the Subaru dealership, and we sell them faster than we even get them in, shit we have a waiting list for them so big that the last person i last looked at on the list wont get his until July this year!! these cars sell incredibly fast and we can never have them on the showroom floor for more than 2 days literally. oh yeah, importnut to tell u the truth these conversions and mods i have on my car are actually fairly cheap, the sr20det swap in my truck cost a total of $3,743 all in total, the TPI swap in my RX-7 cost a little under $5,000, but my 240SX mods is where the big bucks are at, i dont think it would be wise for me to say how much because i would make too many people shit their pants hearing how much money i could easily blow off on a car. but let me tell u, all of my mods and swaps were well worth the money that i invested into them! my Nissan truck has won numerous shows just for the fact i have a sr20det stuffed in there, my RX-7 has won all kinds of illegal drags around my town but i wont say where i live since i dont want cops impounding my car, and my 240SX is my grandest toy car thats in my garage, but the real big money spent is on all of the shit i have done with my dirtbikes, hell each bike i have has over $1,500 worth of motor mods in them, and thats just the motors, but thank god for sponsership!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 01:18 PM   #47
crayzayjay
CFA

Importnut, did i say anything about poor sales? can't you read?

im well aware of the fact they sell like hotcakes, did i say they didnt?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:36 PM   #48
crayzayjay
CFA

rezdog, im not on your case about driving skills, i just find it amusing to hear someone claim they can drive with the "intensity of colin mcrae". im sure youre very talented what i do for a living has nothing to do with my opinion on motor vehicles. funny how you referred to m3 owners as "rich punks" in your previous post when you brag of your earning power and list the number of cars you own...
and yes, you can compare these cars. just cos one has 2 doors and the other 4 it doesnt mean they are completely different. they are both real-world performance cars in different style packages and therefore price tags.
i think the BMW steering system youre referring to is steer-by-wire. if you think the M3 has too many driver aids what are you doing in an impreza? doesnt that sort out the handling for you? isnt it the ultimate flattering vehicle? if you want to feel connected to the road do something about the WRX's steering. then i might think about owning one.. then again, with those looks, maybe not. a car should be styled well from the start, not made to look good. im sorry but i even have to disagree with you about that statement. with those goofy bug eye front lights the new impreza could never be made to look good. i know many Impreza fanatics and we all agree on one simple fact. capable as the car may be (and its not as capable as the previous generation) it is ugly as hell. in fact, the only improvement over the old car i can think of is the interior. cars like the WRX and evo7 can be thrown however you want and the car will sort it out for you. if you like the 2l 4wd package, and i never said i didnt, i have nothing against it, in fact one of my dream cars is the Lancia Integrale EVO. the steering and handling of this car on the limit sh*ts all over that of any impreza. more entertaining to drive, more communication with the driver... oh ya, and its italian too. there are a few posts on it in the Lancia forum. check it out, and follow the link to the video.

cheers
jay
Old 02-05-2002, 02:10 PM   #49
arpiburpi
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to arpiburpi
wait, wait my friends..wait till 2003, wait till the lancerevo vii comes to america..wrx sti will go down..
Old 02-06-2002, 12:15 AM   #50
rezdog_420
AF Regular

did i refer to M3 drivers as "rich punks," you must of heard my statement wrong crazy, im talkin about they ounk rich kids in my town who get their money from mommy and daddy and get all the brand new fuckin shit, with pisses of the rest of kids who have to earn their goods the hard way, THROUGH HARD WORK!!! u truthfully dont know how hard i busted my ass as a kid to get where im at, people stereotype me as this lil rich punks just because i drive nice cars, wear nice clothes, and have hot girls going with me to the parties. and that statement about me being in a WRX, i have to drive them! thats part of my job smartguy, u always have to test out each of the new incoming cars to the dealership, and u even have to drive each of the cars after they have been in the shop, but of course u knew this right??? and another thing, the cars that i autocross dont have any power steering either, thats the way a car should be built in the first place, the only car i own that has power steering is my 96 Nissan 240SX! a car without ABS brakes, power steering, or even cruise control that has well over 300 HP is a car that perfectly fits the description of a true sports car! thats what my RX-7 is! u think i haven't heard enough ridicule already, i get so much bitching from the die hard RX-7 fans, just because i stuffed a V-8 between the front fenders, they all say the same god damn thing to me, "why didn't u put in a 13B, or a 3 rotor 20B, or even a 4 rotor enigine?" if i own a 93 RX-7 instead of an 83, i would of taken the 20B triple rotary in perspective, but tell me if im a criminal or what, but how many people would like it if your rotary goes dead in the middle of nowhere with no one around to fix your rotary for 1000 miles away! with any kind of V-block engine in it, i can at least have Chevy guys work on it, and i could easily fix it myself too! the problem is there aren't too many people in the world like me that dare to be totally different. and for all those people out there like me, who can care less what other people think about your opinions, i would have to say you guys kick fuckin ass!! too many people are afraid to do anything different these days, half of my school parking lot is filled with tuned Hondas, all mostly Civics and maybe an Integra here and there, but u see all the same cars just with different styling or tuning, but the same damn car. literally every kid owns like a 92-00 Honda Civic, all mostly 2 door coupes and nothing else really. i couldn't be apart of this, i had to be my own trend setter, so i got my Nissan 240SX, the first day i rolled up to school in it, people dissed me badly just because i didn't have a fuckin Honda Civic. the funny thing is, now that im spankin all of these damn Honda's right and left with my turbo'd 240SX, a lot of kids are trying to do the same as me, now instead of me being the only kid in school with a 240SX, now there are 13 different 240's in the parking lot, even worse its the same damn kids that used to have Civics. the point of this story is that it doesn't matter if u have a WRX or a M3, or Porsche at that, people all start to fall into a trend cycle, Crazy, u probably used to like the WRX alot before they changed the styling on it, and u then fell in love with the M3 with its new sweet styling. im glad to see that u truthfully aren't one of these people though Crazy, im glad u do have an ultimate dream car like me (which is a Nissan Skyline R34). to tell u the truth i hate even having to argue which car is better, like are lil arguement between the WRX and the M3, we both know that both cars are fuckin sweet, drive fast, and definately turn eyes and smiles as they go by. quick question for ya Crazy, what kind of car are u rollin in these days, just curious to know???:bonghitte
Old 02-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #51
crayzayjay
CFA

You seemed to be aiming the rich punks quote to people who would choose the more expensive M3 over the WRX, thats what it comes across like, to me anyway.
And yeah, i know the cars are driven by employees. A friend of mine works for M-B and always seems to have a nice convertible he's cruising in. I didnt make any or smartass comments about you driving a WRX, all i said was that if you want a car that truly communicates with its driver there are better alternatives out there.
"too many people are afraid to do anything different these days".. youre very right there. Thats why there are a lot of Imprezas around now, around here anyway. im not blaming the owners, its just that the car has become the automatic choice for teenagers who want something quick. I personally am not a big fan of Imprezas. I respect what they do and what they stand for to some extent, but thats about it. i was more appreciative of the old car than the new one. that one was more engaging and much better looking too, though no oil painting itself. I "choose to be different" by going for an Integrale, which can do what the Impreza can and more, in a much more stylish package. about your nissan skyline, have you driven one? i wouldnt have thought it to be your kind of car, what with you wanting a raw driving experience. the R34 induces oversteer, it's programmed to do so, which i find pretty disappointing about the car. Still, theres no doubt its a hell of a fast car, though im sorry to say i dont like the looks on it either. its just too cartoonish for me. too much of a brute with no finesse whatsoever. i'd take a 964RS (one of the most amazing cars ever) 996GT3 or 993GT2 over it anyday, i'd even choose the integrale EVO above it despite the fact its 4 times cheaper. the whole japanese invasion has been too much, IMHO. from what i hear the evo7 is a one trick poney, the R34 flawed (as described above) and the WRX has lost its way somewhat. admittedly the STi is supposed to be a big improvement but the looks could never grown me.
right now im driving a mk3 1.6 Golf. I know, not exactly tyre-shredding or rubber-burning, but i still manage to drive it like a hooligan . Handbrake turns here i come! hopefully within the next 6 months i'll have the finances to buy a prime '95 Lagos Blu Lancia Delta Integrale EVO or perhaps an E36 M3 EVO. Only time, and cash, will tell. Otherwise, i'll go for something else, as long as it's "different"

cheers
jay
Old 02-15-2002, 12:01 PM   #52
border_project
AF Enthusiast

isnt the m3 a sports coupe??
or are we talking about the m5 sedan??
other than that...i would like the version V impreza or the lancer evo 5 or 6.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:42 PM   #53
rezdog_420
AF Regular

if we were talkin about the m5 i would not complain at all, it by far the most fuckin awesome car ever built!
Old 02-17-2002, 08:01 PM   #54
crayzayjay
CFA

As awesome as a GT3, or Maranello ?

.......didnt think so

cheers,
jay
Old 02-18-2002, 09:33 AM   #55
rezdog_420
AF Regular

but those arent as awesome as a Mclaren F1 either:o the M5 is a sweet ride that has 4 doors, room for 5 peps, and isnt priced over $100K either!:sun:
Old 02-18-2002, 09:39 AM   #56
rezdog_420
AF Regular

but like i stated on another thread, "the automotive industry is based on personal preference, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions." hell, if i had millions of dollars than hell yeah id buy my a Porsche GT3, but since im not even near that kind level yet i have to settle with my rice rockets, and american muscle cars! thats why i tune the hell out of my cars to get the most, other said the bang for the buck, from my rides.
Old 02-18-2002, 02:19 PM   #57
crayzayjay
CFA

Well u did say its the most awesome car ever, which doesnt quite resonate with what you are saying now.... besides, an M5 is hardly cheap. and when it comes to GT3's, M5's and GT3's arent priced so differently over here. M5 is approx £50k and GT3 is around £70k, so i would save up the extra, take out a loan, do whatever to get my hands on the Porsche.

cheers,
jay
Old 02-19-2002, 12:33 AM   #58
rezdog_420
AF Regular

well not here in America, an M5 ususally runs for $80,000 and a GT3 runs for more than $150,000 here! so your the lucky one on this.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:24 AM   #59
crayzayjay
CFA

well, luckier than you, maybe. but not lucky as i cant afford either!

cheers,
jay
Old 02-19-2002, 07:41 PM   #60
ImportNut1212
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImportNut1212
i respect porsches and all, but look at all of the people who drive them....middle aged bald men. i like the company, but have always seen it as kind of a substitute for a lack of confidance or manhood. i know you guys are gonna jump all over my nuts for that, but oh well.....to each his own right?
original tofu crew member #06

my car=95 240sx se w/ s14 sr20det

lUcAs-----