Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2000, 09:01 PM   #1
unite@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to unite@af
Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA), a pioneer of crossover all-wheel drive vehicles designed for the active lifestyle, has developed an exciting line of Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) parts and accessories for Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS owners and enthusiasts. The new additions to the line of Genuine Subaru Performance Parts are currently available from authorized Subaru dealers and are featured in an updated Impreza 2.5 RS Performance Parts brochure (MSA6M0013).

Engineered to enhance the performance and look of Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS models, the new SPT offerings enable owners to personalize their vehicles with quality parts developed specifically for Subaru vehicles. Subaru Performance Tuning parts are designed to enhance driving pleasure without sacrificing quality and reliability. The SPT menu includes an STi-developed short-throw shifter for crisper gear changes, an STi carbon fiber strut tower brace for additional stiffness and quicker steering response, a performance muffler and intermediate pipe for a throaty exhaust note, and more.

"Impreza 2.5 RS has a distinguished, rally-winning pedigree. Import enthusiasts recognize Impreza 2.5 RS as an agile performance car with the confidence-inspiring benefit of all-wheel drive," says Subaru Parts & Accessories Marketing Manager, Bruce Barker. "Now enthusiasts can enhance the performance, handling and looks of their Impreza 2.5 RS with quality parts engineered specifically for their vehicles."

Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS combines rival-beating power and versatility with a feature simply unavailable from any other car in its class -- All-Wheel Drive. Available in either coupe or sedan offerings, the 2.5 RS models deliver a powerful punch from a 2.5-liter, 165-horsepower engine to take on the Acura Integra GS-R and Honda Civic Si. Additionally, Impreza 2.5 RS was selected as one of Sport Compact Car magazine's "Eight Great Rides" for 1998, 1999 and 2000.

The comprehensive line of SPT performance parts includes:

Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace
Carbon Fiber Shift Knob/Brake Handle
Steel Strut Tower Brace
Carbon Fiber Center Panel Trim Kit
Performance Gauge Package
Front End Cover
Performance Muffler and Intermediate Pipe
Leather Seats
Short-Throw Shifter
SPT Decals
Rear Differential Protector
Impreza 2.5 RS Carpeted Floor Covers
Machined Titanium Shift Knob
Subaru will expand the current line of SPT offerings in the very near future.

----------
"SUBARU" is a Japanese word meaning "unite," as well as a term identifying a cluster of six stars which the Greeks called the Pleiades -- part of the Taurus constellation. According to Greek mythology, Atlas' daughters turned into this group of stars.
unite@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 09:10 PM   #2
porsche911
AF Newbie

WOW!
did you copy that from somewhere? or did you research the stuff and wrote this yourself?
if you did, you ought to be an editor for some major site.
great info
porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 09:53 PM   #3
unite@af
Old Mod

Sorry,
That is a good ole' fashioned copy/paste. http://www.subaru.com Look for the article and pictures of the products under the Impreza category.

P.S Im sure you'll find them way over priced as did I.
Old 01-14-2001, 04:56 PM   #4
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Hmmm. That's pretty kick-ass that Subaru gives you a list of factory-option parts to choose from for up-grading. To the best of my knowledge, Honda does not do this. It would be nice, however. I suppose the closest thing Honda has is Mugen, the sister company that makes racing parts.. also way overpriced. But quality none the less.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 03:14 AM   #5
unite@af
Old Mod

I hear that...

The main reason I believe that Subaru is coming out with more STi stuff to go with the Imprezza is due to the fact that there is nothing for SUBARUS in the way of aftermarket performance parts. We all know this. There is only one real company out there for Subaru to incorporate into it.

In respect to Honda there is so many companys and parts that it would probably be hard for them to just offer a sole company rights to upgrade the factory orders... Mugen would be the closest... See what Im saying though? It would probably torque some Honda aftermarket companys off if a single company got all that more business... anyway
Peace
Old 01-17-2001, 08:13 PM   #6
LostBoyScout
AF Regular

Hey, it's like TRD for Subies.. good to hear

I always enjoy hearing about a carmaker's interest in the performance sector.. good good

Old 02-12-2001, 09:07 PM   #7
unite@af
Old Mod

Correction

Yo sorry about my screw up. I meant to put SPT not STi in the reply before...

Word
Old 03-13-2001, 08:31 AM   #8
Samirr76
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Samirr76
Question short-throw shifter

The one option I'm considering on my WRX is the short-throw shifter....is this a worthwhile upgrade or will I be perfectly happy with the stock shifter? Any advice would be appreciated...Also should I go aftermarket for an exhaust system and any body styling stuff or should I stick with dealer. I'm leasing the car btw (of course I'm gonna buy it at the end of the lease though, I'm 95% sure of that). Thanks people!

Samir.
Samirr76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 11:53 AM   #9
unite@af
Old Mod

Shifter

Well Im sure the shifter that comes with the WRX is a good one. If your really looking for that added quickness then go for it. I would test out the stock one when you get your car. About the exhaust, I would see what Borla can setup for you. The sound and the performance is just awesome... I know that doesnt help to much....
Old 03-13-2001, 12:42 PM   #10
Samirr76
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Samirr76
Question shifter

Hmm...decisions decisions...In the reviews they've said the shifter is good but a little lacking in feel. Will a short shifter improve feel or just reduce the throws? I haven't owned a stick-shift car ever nor driven one on a regular basis so I don't know what to look for in a good shifter.
Samirr76 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport