Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
avenger_guy
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to avenger_guy
wiring diagram for a 2000o neon

just recieved a remote start for the neon, any one know where I would find a diagram to install this to the car... any help would be greatly appreciated. I installed the on on my avenger... but have forgooten where I found the diagram...

Thanks
Clint
avenger_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:29 PM   #2
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: wiring diagram for a 2000o neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger_guy
just recieved a remote start for the neon, any one know where I would find a diagram to install this to the car... any help would be greatly appreciated. I installed the on on my avenger... but have forgooten where I found the diagram...

Thanks
Clint
www.bulldogsecurity.com
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:36 AM   #3
soul_sword34
AF Regular

dunno if you got your answer yet but the Haynes manual, located at your nearest parts store has an entire layout for you.
soul_sword34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:40 PM   #4
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_sword34
dunno if you got your answer yet but the Haynes manual, located at your nearest parts store has an entire layout for you.
The common DIY'r can't read what's in a Haynes manual for the correct info needed for a remote start or alarm install. Besides, Haynes is mostly mechanical and not electrical. Plus, it is made for OEM type repairs, not aftermarket alterations.

Just like on a brand new T&C minivan, it will not tell you which wire to tape nor will it tell you what resistance to ground you need for the doorlocks to work and also have the alarm disarm.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:16 AM   #5
soul_sword34
AF Regular

well if he bought a remote start, if it is a good one, it should have the installation instructions with it. That will tell you all that mumbo jumbo all he needs is a wiring diagram to tell him where the asked for wires are located, if he did get instructions with it. If you look in the Haynes it does give you a wiring diagram. For example. Wire A goes to wire A. Look in haynes manual for color wire "A" and find it in car and presto!
Old 01-07-2004, 08:50 PM   #6
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
well if he bought a remote start, if it is a good one, it should have the installation instructions with it. That will tell you all that mumbo jumbo all he needs is a wiring diagram to tell him where the asked for wires are located, if he did get instructions with it. If you look in the Haynes it does give you a wiring diagram. For example. Wire A goes to wire A. Look in haynes manual for color wire "A" and find it in car and presto!
Actually, just because the remote start comes with instructions, doesn't make it a good one. All the ones I saw that were worth a crap only come with a diagram for the start itself, not the car. I mean, how could it have vehicle wiring too? How many million different vehicle models are there now???? Like I said, Haynes will tell you what some of the wires are but not always are all the wires listed ones you need. Does it tell you that you have to energize 2 starter wires for a Nissan? Does it tell you that you need to disrupt the negative light wire on a Caravan with a relay and also give it 1500 ohms to ground for the parking lights? What about the parking lights on a Grnd Cherokee??? Does it tell you that if you ground the parking light wire that the lights will flash like you have the hazards on??? No, does it tell you that if you separate the headlight wire then supply 1200 ohms to ground that you will then have the parking lights on and not flashing??? No. That's why mechanics can not install remote starters very well. I have worked with many shops here locally that rather spend the money for me to hook one up in 2 hours vs. them talking all day or even longer because they do not have access to my information.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:25 AM   #7
soul_sword34
AF Regular

point taken. Then what remote starter is good and has detailed instructions specific for the Neon?
Old 01-09-2004, 07:22 AM   #8
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
point taken. Then what remote starter is good and has detailed instructions specific for the Neon?
None that I am aware of. You'll have to have access to the information from that company. Personally, I love DEI. They seem to have real nice information too. If you buy a Valet,Hornet, Rattler or any other of the out-the-door peices, the shop should be able to print you off a copy of the install guide. Otherwise, goto www.bulldogsecurity.com for the install info but make sure to test everything! Some of there info is incorrect and their product is horrid
Old 02-17-2004, 05:59 AM   #9
qaseemax
AF Newbie

Wiring Diagram for Neon 2000

2000 Dodge Neon Security Information
Constant 12V+ Pink/Black or Red Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Dark Blue Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Black/Orange I gnition Switch Harness
Tach Black/Gray Coil