Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bentley > Turbo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
Caliboy63
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Caliboy63
twin turbo chevy small block

IHi ya'll, I havea chevy small block 350 (zz4 crate motor) with alluminum vortec heads tha are ported and polished (385hp). I want to twin turbo this motor but do not have the funds to go buy some trick turbos. I want to achieve 650-700hp and have the boost kick in at about 2000 rpms or so. I was thinking about scaveging the turbos off of a wrecked car that had a turbo, finding two of them and sourceing parts the same way. WHat parts might i need and what vehicles shoudl I look for to find the turbos. Any help would be great.
Caliboy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
gmdt350
AF Newbie

been there done that

hey man i'v actually got a 79 chev 1/2 with a small block chevy twin turbo. runs 12 sec in the 1/4 mile. its very easy to do. i am pretty much the only guy that anyone has seen doo it by the sounds of it. i'v been having so much fun with it i figured y not share with you what i did. its basically a stock 350 i found 2 slightly used trubos from older 6.5 L gm deisel engines from there i mounted them on a flange from the inner fender well one on each side then made a box with 2 inlet ports out of aluminum that bolted on the carb. then just run tubing to the turbo from the carb. for the exhaust i had an older set of headman headers which are basically mount backwards and upside down modified them slightly and welded on a flange then bolts to the turbo. then run exhaust pipe down out of the turbo into ur mufflers. then use the oil outlet for ur oil pressure sending unit t the line one to each turbo and have a line that returns oil back to the oil pan. then i just have a cone type air filter on each turbo. i have had it built and it works amazing the other thing u don't wanna forget is dump valves to limit the amount of boost i'm running 6 lbs from each turbo is nice tame truck to drive on the streets and it still pulls hard and its only a minor adjustment if u want more boost. my engine has 85 000 kms on it and it still runs and performs as well as the day i got it running well good luck and hopefully u get it all figured out
gmdt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
winesy
AF Newbie

Re: twin turbo chevy small block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy63
IHi ya'll, I havea chevy small block 350 (zz4 crate motor) with alluminum vortec heads tha are ported and polished (385hp). I want to twin turbo this motor but do not have the funds to go buy some trick turbos. I want to achieve 650-700hp and have the boost kick in at about 2000 rpms or so. I was thinking about scaveging the turbos off of a wrecked car that had a turbo, finding two of them and sourceing parts the same way. WHat parts might i need and what vehicles shoudl I look for to find the turbos. Any help would be great.
I purchased turbo headers from ssautochrome on e-bay, 2pcs. t40b 1.0a/r hot
.60 a/r cold s-trim, twin carb bonnet, external wastegates on the end of the headers, 2-bov's, msd boost retard from jegs, electronic mallory distributor e-bay, silicon hose e-bay, internet instructions to boost reference a mechanical
fuel pump and double pumper holley, comp nitrous cam, victor jr. intake, aluminum heads, dual stage water injection ENGINE RUN-UP, THIS GUYS COOL!-
AND JUST A LOT OF GOOD OLD FASHIONED READING AND A GOOD
MECHANICAL BACKROUND. '68 CAMARO TO FAST 2C
winesy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bentley > Turbo