Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Renault 19
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 04:23 AM   #1
hobsonschoice
AF Newbie

Renault 19 central locking problem

Hi All,
I just got my hands on a 1996 renault 19 yesterday and drove it home pleased with myself. I then realised i couldn't get out of the car! The drivers door wont open from the inside, had to put my hand out of the window and open from there.The passenger wont open from the inside.
when i use the key from the outside all the knobs move down except the passenger doors. I have tried messing with the centrakl locking button on the central console but that isnt helping. Is there something obvious i am missing . How do i reset it all. Also when i lock form the outside i see all the knobs close but then the rear passenger door is open. Its like they are all out of sync or something.
Would really appreciate some help on this.
Thanks.
hobsonschoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
hobsonschoice
AF Newbie

doors mended

Just to let anyone else know who may have this proble.
I managed to get the doors to open and close normally again. It turned out not to be electrical at all but wear and tear. On the chasis where the door latchs to the ldoor frame there is a bolt looking locking pin about 2 cms long. On the pin there is a hard collar or sleeve.It is obviously made up of a tough durable plastic but after ten odd years it has began to rut and groove. I managed to twist them around a little so that a less worn surface was showing. That and a drip of oil ensure the door started releasing again. this also worked on the passenger door. So.
Check this first if the doors arent opening.! Hope this saves someone a lot of stress.
Dave
hobsonschoice is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Renault 19