Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Rbar123
AF Newbie

Clunks & Squeeks from Front End

Hello - I have a 2004 Pacifica w/ 2wd and approx 65k miles. Generally the car rides very well but recently I have had 2 front end issues crop up.

The first is a loud clunk when driving over bumps. You can't really distinguish which side its comming from. I believe it's the stabilizer bushings (already replaced the links). I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue or knows how big of a job it is to replace the bushings?

The second issue is a strange squeeking during braking, when the front end dipps. It's not the braking system but sounds more like something w/ the chassis. A friend mentioned it might be some type of bushing above the struts but other than that I have no idea what could be making this niose. Again, any ideas would be appreciated.
Rbar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Rizin84
AF Newbie

Re: Clunks & Squeeks from Front End

it could be motormounts
Rizin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
pete150
AF Newbie

Re: Clunks & Squeeks from Front End

i have had the similar "thump" on my 06 pacifica. i did a inspection and my tie rod ends were worn. i replaced both the inner and outer on both sides but did not solve the problem. after looking under it while someone pushed down on the front end i noticed alot of play in my sway bar bushings. i have them ordered and plan to replace them tomorrow. i will let you know if this fixes it. last weekend i tried to take the pass. side apart and see a size on there. it was a bear to get this one, i had to take the inner tie rod back off to get the front bolt off. other then that it shouldnt be to bad.
pete150 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica