Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
kpass
AF Newbie

c101 wiring harness under battery tray

Hi,

I have a 2001 cavalier. The issue is that all of a sudden the wipers won't work, the headlights don't work except they are very dim, the drivers side door lock "seems" to activate when I try to turn on the wipers but don't actually lock. I saw some others having this exact same problem on other threads/forums and it seems it is probably the c101 wiring harness or ground under the battery tray.
The problem is that they keep saying to remove the battery tray but how? Do I need to jack it up, remove the tire and the wheelwell skirt and bumper?
Can anyone tell me the best way to access this area? I am anticipating having to replace or repair the wiring harness if cleaning up the grounds doesn't work. If I have to remove the battery tray, can someone tell me how? It is not obvious while looking from the top. I just want to drive this car for another 4 months until I get rid of it.

Thanks,

Keith
kpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #2
kpass
AF Newbie

Re: c101 wiring harness under battery tray

OK, everything seems alright now. I saw a wire with no insulation worn off hidden under some dirt. It is just visible for about an inch between the battery tray and the bolt down leg of the air box. I was just barely able to gat some tape around it a few turns so it is not touching metal anymore. No need to remove anything other than the battery. I hope this is it for now.
kpass is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis