Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
327chevy
AF Regular

2016 Silverado issues?

I'm looking at a 2016 crew cab and before I make a final decisions I want to know if there's anything I need to look over or have checked out.Over the years some small things have shown up with my '08,nothing I couldn't take care of myself for the most part but the '16s should have been out long enough now that things should be starting to show up.Anyone have any issues show they can share?
327chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:54 AM   #2
ramnick
AF Newbie

Re: 2016 Silverado issues?

Test drive it to ensure no vibration issues and make sure that the tranny shifts smoothly.
ramnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327chevy View Post
I'm looking at a 2016 crew cab and before I make a final decisions I want to know if there's anything I need to look over or have checked out.Over the years some small things have shown up with my '08,nothing I couldn't take care of myself for the most part but the '16s should have been out long enough now that things should be starting to show up.Anyone have any issues show they can share?
many have had the shifty shiff issues.. also clunk ..
also 8 speed tranny is IMO stay away !!!!!
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
Tdragone
AF Regular

I love my 2016 4 door 6.5' bed Z71. no complaints. I have the 6 speed transmission with the 5.3 4/8 valve variable cylinder and have NO complaints. It's a great truck to replace my 2002 1500 with 250K miles. The only issue I had was 3 months in I had a fuel injector that would not hold pressure overnight. Replaced by dealer for free. A few TSBs for computer/firmware updates but no real mechanical issues so far.
Tdragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #5
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdragone View Post
I love my 2016 4 door 6.5' bed Z71. no complaints. I have the 6 speed transmission with the 5.3 4/8 valve variable cylinder and have NO complaints. It's a great truck to replace my 2002 1500 with 250K miles. The only issue I had was 3 months in I had a fuel injector that would not hold pressure overnight. Replaced by dealer for free. A few TSBs for computer/firmware updates but no real mechanical issues so far.
again 1999-2006 old GM trucks work with small failures .. these old trucks still running minor repairs..you bought new GM company truck 2007-2021.. these new GM trucks have expensive / defects... engine/tranny/wiring/fuel ... its a mess.. I was a GM owner since 1967.. well I dumped GM after 2006.. my new truck is a Toyota .. had it 5 years had the air bag replaced because of the bag bag corrosion on many vehicle manufactures .. GM foot dragged on these defective air bags now NHTSA forced GM to change millions of these defective air bags..
so you have to replace ALL those injectors ALL......
I had many on your model year with all injectors failing dealership will only replace one LOL .................on the cheap . good luck member ..
Old 12-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #6
Tdragone
AF Regular

Thanks J cat. You’ve helped me many times and I appreciate it.

I understand what you mean about expensive defects. Hopefully my 16 will be as solid for me as my 02 was. I sold a set of plugs and wires from my 02 that I never installed to a guy that is chasing gremlins on his 01.
Tdragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:42 PM   #7
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdragone View Post
Thanks J cat. You’ve helped me many times and I appreciate it.

I understand what you mean about expensive defects. Hopefully my 16 will be as solid for me as my 02 was. I sold a set of plugs and wires from my 02 that I never installed to a guy that is chasing gremlins on his 01.
replace all the injectors .. forum members had to do it ...look up the service bulletin .

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado