Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 11:38 PM   #1
Kobalt3030
AF Newbie

Which year model chevy truck is reliable and easy to work on.

Hello, I usually drive things like Toyota or Subaru but now I was wondering which year models chevy trucks are reliable.
Kobalt3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: Which year model chevy truck is reliable and easy to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt3030 View Post
Hello, I usually drive things like Toyota or Subaru but now I was wondering which year models chevy trucks are reliable.
1999-2006 GM trucks are running 250K-450K miles IF the owner does the proper maintenance . 2007 and new are a total mess. electrical and transmission / engine failures . my 2000 LT 4 door 5.3L engine did not have any major repairs . just brakes brake/fuel lines and the ABS module GM used STEEL SCREWS in the ALUMINUM body.. then water got in it and the circuit board needed soldering I did all that work. In 2001 I dumped out the Dexron III tranny fluid and installed the Mobil synthetic tranny fluid .. dex/mercon synthetic .. still running very good and many are buying these old trucks because the new GM you will pay a lot of $$$ because of the expensive electrical parts .. go to other forums and look up how many had total engine failures on the AFM NEW GM engines .. $7,000 failures 30k-80K miles .. my new truck is a Toyota 2016 .. never back to dealership ..I still have the 2000 GM truck also..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to j cAT For This Useful Post:
Kobalt3030 (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 08:02 PM   #3
Kobalt3030
AF Newbie

Re: Which year model chevy truck is reliable and easy to work on.

ok so i had the right idea, post recession gm is bad thanks
Kobalt3030 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado