Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Lebaron
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #1
corvairbob
AF Newbie

top to window question

ok my 87 lebaron has the rear valance under the window that came off the window if it was ever attached to it. what i did and it may be good or bad time will tell i guess is this i glued it with gorilla glue to the bottom of the glass. the top still closes but it is winter and cold so summer will tell. does anyone happen to know if these were ever attached to the window? if not then i may be asking for trouble later one down the road or not? if they were attached then what glue works or did others here use gorilla glue as well. i did a utube and there were dozens of ways to glue the top to the glass and none that ever came back and said it worked or not. thanks bp.
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
corvairbob
AF Newbie

Re: top to window question

gorilla glue did not hold up. lasted about 2 top down cycles and came off. i then tried black silicone type caulking and that has held up now for about 5 months. but i still do not thnk this is the proper repair. so i'm going to be removing the top and repairing a frame section that tore the top and then while the top is off the car see if i can sew the valance back on just under the window and then just use that glue i seen on a youtube called stormsure. unless 3m returns my inquire on a repair using there products like the factory used. i may not be able to give an update as the car is for sale now and my guess is after i repair it and sell it the owner will never tell me if it worked.
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Lebaron