Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
kink
AF Newbie

ABS problem

When starting my 95 Cirrus, the ABS goes through its self-diags and the light goes out like it should. During operation the ABS light will come on though braking remains fine. Since the ABS system has sensed an error, it shuts itself down and leaves the car with the basic braking system. I can live with that at the cost of going to a dealer for repair. I don't care for ABS anyhow. The problem is before the ABS errors and the light comes on, it will infrequently pulse the pedal and make a hell of a noise from the front calipers. It appears that the ABS is powered on a circuit used by other systems so pulling a fuse will disable it along with other systems. Any thoughts or ideas my "gear-head" comrades?
kink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
lrrman
AF Newbie

Re: ABS problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kink
When starting my 95 Cirrus, the ABS goes through its self-diags and the light goes out like it should. During operation the ABS light will come on though braking remains fine. Since the ABS system has sensed an error, it shuts itself down and leaves the car with the basic braking system. I can live with that at the cost of going to a dealer for repair. I don't care for ABS anyhow. The problem is before the ABS errors and the light comes on, it will infrequently pulse the pedal and make a hell of a noise from the front calipers. It appears that the ABS is powered on a circuit used by other systems so pulling a fuse will disable it along with other systems. Any thoughts or ideas my "gear-head" comrades?
I had a similar problem, my brake pedal would go to the floor on occasion. Usually at intersections or when you really needed it. I pulled the abs fuse under the hood in the fuse/relay box. The abs dash light now stays on but my brakes are fine.
lrrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
CMAC3469
AF Newbie

Re: ABS problem

Check the wires coming down to your wheels that go to the speed sensors. I had one that the wire had gotten worn and was shorting out. This caused the ABS to kick in at different times and also the brake pedal to go to the floor sometimes.
CMAC3469 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus