Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
Tiburon99
AF Enthusiast

One urging ques

with all of these hybrid, vegie oil, water run vheicles coming out i have one ques, how the heck are we going to be able to soup up these vheicles? will this be the end of the street racing era as we know it? how will these cars be able to handle turbo's, racing ecu chips, or even the all favored ricers trick.... nitrous oxide? I even want to see something be done about this pollution and oil consumtion problem but one of my main fears is that by begining this era, it can kill another.
Tiburon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
9eleventb0
AF Enthusiast

I've been afraid of the exact same thing. I don't want to lose a snarling turbocharged engine to a silent underpowered fuel cell. Unfortunately though, fuel cells are going to become a reality at some point and so hydrogen is most likely going to become the dominant fuel. However, there is one way to have hydrogen fuel as well as keep our current engines - a hydrogen combustion engine. BMW has already developed a hydrogen fueled combustion engine which has even more power potential than gasoline engines and has far less emissions than even the cleanest gasoline engines. And because a hydrogen engine is exactly the same as the gas engine except for the type of fuel used, all of the same tuning methods such as supercharging, turbocharging, ECU chip, etc. will all still apply. Even though environmentalists primarily want fuel cells because they eliminate pollution, if they let all of the economy cars and minivans convert to fuel cells while allowing only the sports cars to have hydrogen combustion engines, then because sports cars only comprise a small segment of the car population, the overall pollution generated by cars worldwide will still be VASTLY reduced. I really hope they allow hydrogen combustion engines to be produced because that way, everyone can go to hydrogen fuel and at the same time, enthusiasts won't lose their beloved combustion engines.
9eleventb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: One urging ques

There will always be Petrol powered cars out there no matter what they say.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #4
9eleventb0
AF Enthusiast

Sorry, but there isn't an infinite supply of oil. At some point, whether its in the near or distant future, there will have to be a new fuel source for automobiles, whether it be hydrogen, electricity, bio-fuels, etc.
9eleventb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
NitRoDrivEn
AF Newbie

Uranium-powered cars would be cool. It would be some serious power, and serious radiation.
NitRoDrivEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:34 PM   #6
ifidie2nite
AF Enthusiast

Re: One urging ques

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eleventb0
I've been afraid of the exact same thing. I don't want to lose a snarling turbocharged engine to a silent underpowered fuel cell. Unfortunately though, fuel cells are going to become a reality at some point and so hydrogen is most likely going to become the dominant fuel. However, there is one way to have hydrogen fuel as well as keep our current engines - a hydrogen combustion engine. BMW has already developed a hydrogen fueled combustion engine which has even more power potential than gasoline engines and has far less emissions than even the cleanest gasoline engines. And because a hydrogen engine is exactly the same as the gas engine except for the type of fuel used, all of the same tuning methods such as supercharging, turbocharging, ECU chip, etc. will all still apply. Even though environmentalists primarily want fuel cells because they eliminate pollution, if they let all of the economy cars and minivans convert to fuel cells while allowing only the sports cars to have hydrogen combustion engines, then because sports cars only comprise a small segment of the car population, the overall pollution generated by cars worldwide will still be VASTLY reduced. I really hope they allow hydrogen combustion engines to be produced because that way, everyone can go to hydrogen fuel and at the same time, enthusiasts won't lose their beloved combustion engines.
I don't know about that. Like I posted in my hydrogen cars thread, fuel cells require alot of Platinum, which is rare and expensive. So hopefully they'll make ICE engines along with fuel cells, so we can keep our affordable rice-burners while eliminating the oil problem.
ifidie2nite is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts