Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
timoteo
AF Newbie

Question 2003 Denali sat for 2+ years, mechanic claims fuel lines rusted ...

Hi:

My 2003 Denali sat (unfortunately ) for approximately 2+ years (maybe 2 years, 3 months) without moving. It was recently towed (flatbed) and then towed again to a mechanic my father (not me) has been going to for years.

I asked him to replace the battery (which I provided) as well as make sure it was ready to run after sitting for 2+ years. He did not mention lubing the o-rings / or priming the cylinders (cranking without ignition) before starting, draining the 2+ year-old gas, etc., etc., ... which had me feeling dubious about his expertise and/or "caring" from the get go.

Anyway, he came back to me a couple of days later saying that the fuel lines were corroded and it is leaking all over the place. I found that quite hard to believe considering the Denali had ZERO leaks (not a spot below it from where it was towed -- either time). I mentioned this to him and he said the stuff their adding to the salt during the winter has caused a great number of these to show up over the last year or two. The thing is, again this car sat (part of that time in a driveway) and was not driven in the snow, and the real kicker is, my area has seen little to no snow over the last two years.

So am I just out of my league here, or is he potentially full of it? I would really appreciate any insight someone with knowledge in this area could share.

Thanks,
Tim
timoteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
timoteo
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Denali sat for 2+ years, mechanic claims fuel lines rusted ...

Anyone??
timoteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
jhenry72
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Denali sat for 2+ years, mechanic claims fuel lines rusted ...

Am dealing with this problem myself right now... Yes, the steel lines coming out of the fuel pump sprung a leak. Truck still started and ran fine! but was leaking fuel... Had to replace the fuel pump....
jhenry72 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon