Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Brougham
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Allegretto
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Allegretto
Exclamation oil cooler line

i need a oil coller line mine was damaged in a horrible replacement of the radiator. parts for my 85 fleetwood brougham are IMPOSSIBLE to find around these parts. i have a possible solution: i had to cut the metal part of the line, and im thinking if i can obtain some hydraulic hose i can mabye rig up a temperary fix for the issue. if anybody thinks this will work or if anybody has any suggestions PLEASE email me at arrynyo@gmail.com and ill be very receptive of any info! thanks
Allegretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: oil cooler line

I regularly use flexible rubber lines ( 5/16 inch is the correct size, I think) for trans coolers without a problem. It will slip over the existing line, just be sure to use 2 worm-drive hose clamps at each end.

Go to a decent auto parts store and buy some in bulk. The best stuff is the reinforced rubber lines intended for the low pressure side of a power steering system, or the line used for auxiliary transmission coolers.

Alternately, you can use reinforced rubber fuel line.

I should mention that OEM-style steel cooler lines are also available at a decent auto parts store. You should be able to get straight pieces in various lengths with the correct flares and fittings. I think 5/16 inch line with old-style SAE fittings (NOT metric) will fit.

Just measure the length you need and bend it to fit (use the old line as a guide). The line is pretty malliable and is designed to be bent a lot to get the right shape.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Brougham