Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

markoverclock or robbeck's 19Ts?

Something I've been debating for hte last week...which to get. I don't honestly have the time ot list the pros and cons, so I'll assume some of you know the difference and a couple others may be interested enough to read up on them yourselves. But, which would you guys go with and why?

Rob Beck

markoverclock
I'm also leaning towards unclipped...

I basically want to run premium pump and meth on a day to day basis and be in the upper 400AWHP range. Toss in some race gas, tune a bit and shoot for mid 500s like oohnoo. I will probably need to go bigger on fuel mods and that maybe a tad optimistic, but I want to shoot for something in that range.

FYI...Rob Beck's are the ones oohnoo used to hit the TD04 record (they were clipped)
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to jason_bet
Re: markoverclock or robbeck's 19Ts?

OH man.. That is a tuff one.. can I ask, why are you leaning to not cliped?? just wondering.. and what fuel mods are you planing??
Jason
jason_bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #3
AutostradaVR4
AF Enthusiast

whenever you do find time, id love to know the pros and cons...

just to absorb a little knowledge

--VR-4-- --09 Lancer RALLIART-- --Me--
AutostradaVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkRA182
whenever you do find time, id love to know the pros and cons...

just to absorb a little knowledge
follow the links Igovert posted to read about the turbos and discover the pro's and cons.

the Rob Beck link is for the 13Ts, but should be read (first few posts at least) to understand the process and prices.

here's is RobBeck's 19T thread.

---------EDIT----------
i've been reading all 3 of the threads posted (2 Igovert posted, 1 i posted above). not finished reading, but my alternator took a crap so i gotta go pull it tonight, take it to get rebuilt tomorrow before i leave town for the weekend. a brief summary.

Markoverclock 19Ts
$1,600
+ cores - 9B cores i assume (?)
19T-H compressor shaft (larger than standard 19T shaft)
i guess he machines 9B cold side to fit 19T wheel (?)
turnaround time (?)
shipping insurance (?)
clipping $125

RobBeck 19Ts
description of costs-$1,690
+ WRX turbo cores (other options available, don't send cores & prices goes up, etc)
not sure which shaft he uses, standard or H
machines WRX 13T cold side to fit 19T wheel (WRX cold side has more metal to machine, 9B cold side has less material)
turnaround time 2-6 weeks
shipping insured to $1,500
clipping: not offered (?). but best done at time of balancing

that's all for now. i gotta go pull my alternator. Blink, have you moved to TX yet? the TX Gathering is this weekend 17-19 in Dallas. i'll be out of town and i'm super bummed. /OT
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit

Last edited by Linebckr49; 08-17-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Yeah that's about it. Couple other things.

Price for Rob's is 1540 without clipping, 1690 with clipping.
In other thread looks like ~ 1800 without clipping, 1875 with clipping.

Markoverclock offers bigger compressor covers (if wanted for an additional 250)...otherwise figure $1600

They also get bead-blasted via Mark, which while not necessary, sure looks nice.

Mark's turnaround time is quoted at around 2 weeks, which I have a feeling is gonna be slightly faster than Rob's...but no guarentees. All said and done though, tracking down a good deal on 13Ts and having them shipped to me, etc...definitely adds more time. I want these suckers now...not for Christmas.

While Rob's 13Ts have a huge test group, and the 19Ts have been used to hit the td04 power record on oohnoo's car...as far as I can tell, there aren't many people who have gone the route of using Mark's option, even though it's been offered for over a year now. Seems most don't want to be a guinea pig to test out the machined 9bs.

The reason I'm leaning slightly towards unclipped more or less is to keep upfront costs down. While I realize TD04s wont be 'laggy' no matter what, I still am willing to sacrifice a little up top to keep faster spool up...if I want to go for more power at expense of lag, I can always, and most likely will, go TD05 later on. That and most the time I think I'll be running pump and meth, so I wont be in the range where clipping would help as much.

So yeah, while I was sold on Rob's from the getgo...now I'm kinda leaning towards Mark's. Was just curious to hear other's thoughts.
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #6
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_bet
what fuel mods are you planing??
Jason
As of now I have a Walboro pump and evo 560cc injectors sitting on the shelves. All things considered...I'm gonna see where I max them out at and possibly have to go with Denso Supra pump and 660ccs...we shall see.
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats

Old 08-17-2007, 02:33 AM   #7
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

i didn't read all of Markoverclock's thread, but i can only assume that he is machining a 9B instead of a WRX 13T. i would get confirmation on this. if for some reason your Markoverclock 19Ts were to crack on the compressor cover (too thin a wall), ask Mark if he would warrant his work or what the likelihood is of this happening. for you, the deciding factor is time, in which case i would choose Markoverclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
As of now I have a Walboro pump and evo 560cc injectors sitting on the shelves. All things considered...I'm gonna see where I max them out at and possibly have to go with Denso Supra pump and 660ccs...we shall see.
keep in mind, after ~550-560 injectors you will need timing control. so that would mean a Greddy Emanage Ultimate, AEM EMS, or equivalent.
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
Old 08-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

Check out this link.. you can learn a lot of you have not seen this before
Jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJLB_rpMyk
Old 08-18-2007, 01:55 AM   #9
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

emange ultimate is on the way
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats

Old 08-18-2007, 02:24 AM   #10
ZRYDERVR4
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_bet
Check out this link.. you can learn a lot of you have not seen this before
Jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJLB_rpMyk
that was a badass video good find!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphius289
Well, if that's the way people choose between 3000's and Stealths, than we wouldn't have any need for Stealths, would we?
ZRYDERVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #11
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
emange ultimate is on the way
hell yeah good choice.. I am getting excited for you!! haha
Jason
Old 08-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
Hotshot8792
AF Enthusiast

i dont know much about markoverclock's products, but i know rob beck's stuff is pretty good. I installed a pair of his 13T's on a friend's car and neither him nor I had any complaints.

I would also try to tach on an adjustable fuel pressure regulator onto that list. To me, it just seems necessary to have when you upgrade your fuel pump since it increases your overall fuel pressure.

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL-TT Automatic - Black
3.05 L Arias Forged Pistons, Pauter Forged Rods, DR Stage 3 heads, 3SX TD05 kit w/ E16G's, CX Racing FMIC, 550cc injectors, Walbro 255lph pump, + supporting mods

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 - Black
Intake & Boost Controller so far

2006 Sea-Doo RXP Supercharged, Updraded SC, IC + supporting mods
Hotshot8792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #13
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot8792
i dont know much about markoverclock's products, but i know rob beck's stuff is pretty good. I installed a pair of his 13T's on a friend's car and neither him nor I had any complaints.

I would also try to tach on an adjustable fuel pressure regulator onto that list. To me, it just seems necessary to have when you upgrade your fuel pump since it increases your overall fuel pressure.
long time no see, Hotshot. how's your build coming? last i heard from you was when you installed the LSD. is everything buttoned up?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #14
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Yeah forgot to mention, but I was gonna get an AEM FPR on ebay in teh coming weeks as well.
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth