Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Ikeepitreelz
AF Newbie

C3 Frame

Hey all,

I wanted to know how much is to remove the body off the vette since I have to replace the fuel lines and i don't want to go the cheap way which is to cut them and splice them (i've seen it). I am able to pull the body off myself with friends BUT i have no room to do it. if anyone knows a ballpark estimate of how much something like this would go for,especially in the east coast please let me know. I will supply lines body bushing with bolt kits and any other related parts.

69 Vette Convertible
Ikeepitreelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: C3 Frame

There is no way online to estimate this job, it is time based only. You need to check with a body shop that has the set up to lift truck cabs or bodies off the frame plus a fibreglas body should be braced in some way once removed from the frame it could distort or crack.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Ikeepitreelz
AF Newbie

Re: C3 Frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
There is no way online to estimate this job, it is time based only. You need to check with a body shop that has the set up to lift truck cabs or bodies off the frame plus a fibreglas body should be braced in some way once removed from the frame it could distort or crack.

I am aware of everything you mentioned above, I am basically looking for a ballpark price from someone that has done this job to their Vette, or if anyone knows of any good shops in the East Coast.
Ikeepitreelz is offline   Reply With Quote