Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
micahmoo
AF Newbie

Angry This is unexplanable! Read

Hello Everyone, I have a 1995 Nissan Altima GXE, With 218K and she runs like a champ, but theres one thing I need to complain about and only one thing, i got the car back in March or so, and I noticed when you opened the drivers door the inside lights would not come on, so I inspected the door pin swich and yes it was all carodid(sp) and luckliy i have a 1996 Nissan Altima GXE parts car, so I switched them out and it worked great! but heres the real twist, about a month to two months ago, as i was driving along on the high way, I noticed that my inside lights would start flashing and fading in and out, or sometimes stay on completley , this is very annoying at night time, now I did install foot well lights and door lights myself, and I made sure to check all the wiring first and it was fine, and for awhile i would be able to smack the drivers side door and it would flicker, but get this! two things whenever the lights misteriously come one I can roll down any window just a little bit and they go off for good! very strange, and the second thing is, that when I turn corners, no matter what the degree the lights come on steady then go off, and even tonight just backing up they came on, and about 2 weeks ago i noticed when i shut the drivers side rear door the lights would not go off, so i opened it and took the door pin switch out completely because I figured if that might be it, and it worked for about a week and now its back doing it again, it sounds like something would be wrong with the circuit, but I'm stumped and its really starting to bug me, any help would be great! thank you
micahmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Airjer_
AF Enthusiast

Re: This is unexplanable! Read

Are you sure the door is closing all the way. Maybe the striker is out of alignment. When you close the window could it be pushing the door out just a tad. If I had to guess I would say the door is not closing all the way.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
micahmoo
AF Newbie

Well recentley I have noticed that the roll the windows down trick does not affect the lights anymore, and all of the door pin switches seem to be lubed up and working correctley, on my way to work today the lights would only come on when I turn right, and on the highway I could jolt the steering wheel to the right and they would flash on, and once they are on, and say im at a stop light I can open any door and close it and they go off right away, I have also taken the room lamp fuse out and the door open warning light on the dash flashes still.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Airjer_
AF Enthusiast

It definitely seems like there is a clearance issue between one of the doors and one of the switches.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
micahmoo
AF Newbie

Smile Re: This is unexplanable! Read

Case closed! you were correct about the clearance issue, I remembered I had replaced all the door latches with newer ones with rubber on them for a quieter shut, and the drivers side door one was lose and causing the door pin switch not to close, tightened it up and its good to go, but that solved the constant on and off of the lights, I needed to find the read annoying part where they fade in and out, so I searched some more, and I found that there was in fact a problem with my wiring for the door lights, I took off the passengers side door panel to find the tape completely gone from the positive or negative light wire, and it was rubbing up against the metal door frame, taped it up and that solved it, I'am so glade all of this is over with, Now I can drive my car at night and not have to worry about the lights coming on, thanks for your help Airjer
Old 10-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
Airjer_
AF Enthusiast

That wasn't so bad after all. Thanks for posting what you found and what you fixed!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima