Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #16
Lyncroft
AF Newbie

Re: Legal Class Action Suspension Failure Poll

Has this discussion closed as I boughjt a 1994 P38 drove 140 miles only to have the rear suspension collapse on me .I bounced home towing a 2 ton trailer very dangerously stopped in the drive switched off only to stand and watch the da...d thing fully deflate onto the wheel arches. replaced a rear airbag but can't get it to lift even though the pump seems to be working away. I cannot hear any loss of air going on anywhere.-. ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE OUT THERE.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #17
Lyncroft
AF Newbie

Now replaced both rear bags and pump as no pressure coming out of old one still not inflating will update when I go further in tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #18
KiwiBacon
AF Enthusiast

The valve blocks on these are fully servicable. The people who charge you for a whole new one are doing so because they don't know how to fix them. The lines and fitting are standard industrial pneumatic components. If you're having compressors die, you've probably got a leak which is causing them to run over-time.

Best advice, find someone who knows how these systems work and use them to maintain the vehicle. The parts (airbags, fittings, lines, seals etc) are not expensive.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
usaelliot
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Legal Class Action Suspension Failure Poll

I had a 99 range rover sport model. The air suspension went out at least 4 times while I had the car for 3 years. It cost me about 400 dollars each time. On the last time I went, a mechanic pulled me aside and told me that the whole thing was a scam. All they had to do was plug the car into a computer and reset the hydrolic suspensions. It just cost me 50 bucks to do it. The other times I had gone in to fix it were real rip offs. Maybe rangerover did this by purpose to increase the revenue of its service shops. How can I be a part of a class action lawsuit? What scam!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #20
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the thread when replying. This thread is over 5 years old and the class action suit has probably been resolved if it made it through the courts. If you are interested in pursuing this further for more info, may I suggest you start a new thread and ask if there is a class action suit ongoing and if so how to become part of it? Hopefully a knowledgeable member will reply with some info.
Closing this thread.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"