Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Oldsmobile Classics
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
Ragtop_Renegade
AF Enthusiast

J-2 Rochester Tri-Power

Looking for information regarding the operation of the vacuum-actuated outboard carbs on the 50's J2 engines with tri-power. Text and photos will be very helpful.
3Rd gen F body floor pans/camaro door skin (L)

Why is it I see so many "Proud to be an American" bumper stickers on the backs of cars made in Japan or Korea??????
Ragtop_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: J-2 Rochester Tri-Power

I would suggest a factory shop manual for a 57 Olds to start with, I just did the 3 carbs on a 59 Eldo I am rebuilding,
Old 02-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Ragtop_Renegade
AF Enthusiast

Re: J-2 Rochester Tri-Power

cool. I'm trying to duplicate the setup on a small block Chevrolet. I've been told a progressive mechanical linkage would be easier, but I'm still stuck on the concept of vacuum signaled outboard carbs. It seems to me that it's more logical to use engine load vs throttle position to bring the secondaries online, more streetable that way.

I never knew they had Eldos in '59 - obviously they weren't front drive then? I'm certain GM's FWD started with the 66 Olds Toronado. Funny how front drive was only for classy cars back then and now it's the other way around.
3Rd gen F body floor pans/camaro door skin (L)

Why is it I see so many "Proud to be an American" bumper stickers on the backs of cars made in Japan or Korea??????
Ragtop_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
3x2 , j2 rocket , rochester , rochester 2g , tri power
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Oldsmobile Classics