Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
chato de shamrock
AF Regular

Looking for FA20 engine... sold separately?

Hey guys,

I bought the Aoshima Toyota 86 kit (without the engine) last month and it arrived about two, three weeks ago. When I looked through it I noticed the hood does not get glued and there's a large space under the hood. I guess you guys know where this is going. I've been searching around for anyone or place that sells the engine whether it be plastic or resin. So far I havent had any luck until about half an hour ago when I stumbled into this website:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aoshi...041733371.html

I've never heard of this site so I did another google search looking for other vendors that sell this part. That website has a model number so I searched "aoshima fa20." Nothing. Although, in that search i came across this site ( http://www.freewebs.com/briffak/toyota86.htm ) in which the person mentioned he/she was able to purchase the engine separately and provides the tree number. Another search was done. Again, nothing.

So my questions are, has anyone bought from this site before? Any info someone may have of this site? Does anyone know if Aoshima ever sold the engine individually? Did they discontinue selling it or did this person contact Aoshima to purchase the engine tree from them? Does anyone make resin kits of the engine? I could have sworn 81 was selling it, but i visited their site and nope.

Thanks for a moment of your time and for any info you guys can provide.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #2
yelo
AF Regular

Re: Looking for FA20 engine... sold separately?

Not exactly the right engine but close enought that you might want to look that way:

http://www.eightyone81.com/ek007-sub...20-engine-kit/

I bought from them before and, it was just like they advertise, took about 2 weeks to get here and quality was pretty good, better than what i'm used to see from resin caster...
yelo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yelo For This Useful Post:
chato de shamrock (09-27-2014)
Old 09-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
petesy
AF Regular

Aliexpress is a portal site for web stores run by Alibaba, the biggest e-commerce company in China (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibaba_Group). It's kind of like Rakuten or Amazon, where shops utilize it for online business without running their own web site.

Looks like that particular shop is selling the FA20 sprues individually. My guess is that they are excess stock from the factory that molds the kits for Aoshima.
petesy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to petesy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2014, 02:59 AM   #4
Mr Plumb
AF Regular

Hobby Easy had the seperate sprues on sale about 6 months ago now, the link is here:

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/t9s...irbffhpmk.html

I got myself 5 of them whilst they were in stock, but its always worth checking to see if they have any in stock. It was my first order with them and everything went smoothly, It might be worth dropping them an email asking if they are getting any more in stock?

ELP Modelling - YouTube
Mr Plumb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Plumb For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
chato de shamrock
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelo View Post
Not exactly the right engine but close enought that you might want to look that way:

http://www.eightyone81.com/ek007-sub...20-engine-kit/

I bought from them before and, it was just like they advertise, took about 2 weeks to get here and quality was pretty good, better than what i'm used to see from resin caster...
Were you talking about buying from eightyone81 or aliexpress? I've bought from 81 about three times so far. Spoke with them through facebook to buy a set of tires (without wheels) on my next order and they were kind enough to sell them to me. My purchases with them have been smooth.

I reached out to hobbyeasy but just noticed its 9PM at their end so ill wait and see if i hear from them on Monday.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
yelo
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chato de shamrock View Post
Were you talking about buying from eightyone81 or aliexpress? I've bought from 81 about three times so far. Spoke with them through facebook to buy a set of tires (without wheels) on my next order and they were kind enough to sell them to me. My purchases with them have been smooth.

I reached out to hobbyeasy but just noticed its 9PM at their end so ill wait and see if i hear from them on Monday.
Iwas talkng about eightyone81....
yelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #7
chato de shamrock
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Plumb View Post
Hobby Easy had the seperate sprues on sale about 6 months ago now, the link is here:

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/t9s...irbffhpmk.html

I got myself 5 of them whilst they were in stock, but its always worth checking to see if they have any in stock. It was my first order with them and everything went smoothly, It might be worth dropping them an email asking if they are getting any more in stock?
Thanks again Mr. Plumb. Hobbyeasy got in touch with me on Sunday. They had 4 in stock. I placed my order last night for 2 so there may be 2 left for anyone interested. Thanks again for sharing this vendor with us, they never came up on my search.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling