Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #31
TanyasMkIISupra
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TanyasMkIISupra
Re: 2004 toyota supra

learn your history man, it's as simple as knowing the Supra name was completely separated from the Celica name in ***1986.5.*** So Toyota would have to knock off two generations to get to the conclusion you're getting it. It makes no sense either way
(p.s. my 1985 CELICA SUPRA even says so on the title as well as b-pillar and nose badge.)
PLEASE LEARN BEFORE YOU TYPE
Old 08-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #32
tireburner86
AF Newbie

2002 was the last year they made the supra in japan. 1998 was the last year they sold it in the u.s. i really dont feel like proving it, go look it up for yourselves. get your facts straight before you start even mentioning the non existant mkv.
tireburner86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #33
supraslug007
AF Newbie

...I'm pretty sure they stopped production and didnt make more in 03.
Why would they? ...

they didn't sell very well... they were great cars, but the price tag was too high. They could probably beat any car over here, but the price didn't compete with cheaply made american sports cars (yeah, right, sports cars...) I think I can offer one explain to the dissapearance of all the other "sports" cars too, like the camaro and firebird... Think about it.. not many 30+ year old people are interested in having a pavement peeler, they want fuel economy and ridiculous amounts of head room. The real market is people 16-30, but they can't afford these nice cars, like the supra, on a early-career salary w/new houses, maybe college bills, it just doesn't work out. This is why cars like the Celica (which I like) and the whole Honda line (which I'm not sure about) are so popular. The bottom line is the bottom line.. the price
supraslug007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #34
SUPRA_MKIV
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to SUPRA_MKIV Send a message via Yahoo to SUPRA_MKIV
Re: Re: 2004 toyota supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner86
2002 was the last year they made the supra in japan. 1998 was the last year they sold it in the u.s. i really dont feel like proving it, go look it up for yourselves. get your facts straight before you start even mentioning the non existant mkv.
they stopped making supras in the US in 97....sold them until 98 and stopped.....y i do not know.....fricken japaneese got them till 2002 and sold out in 2003......just like the RX7....in the US it has stopped...but in japan they r still going..
SUPRA_MKIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:05 AM   #35
shortexistance
AF Newbie

Speed has a cost

Who cares if the car costs a lot. The car is a god on the road. Talk about resale value too (good luck finding a 95 tt Supra for under $35,000). Yes, aftermarket parts are kinda on the expensive, but with a decent budget you can easily get to 700hp without nos. I cant think of any other car under $50,000 that can make that claim? One reason that the Supra expensive is that it had a revolutionary (for the time) supension that helped control body movement of the car. The H2 is a bad example of the rebirth of a car, don't even get me started on the GTO (did anyone say Grand AM)which used to be a better looking car made by an Austrailian company, but the cost anywhere from $85,000-$125,000. Now they are somewhere arround $50,000. Toyota could do a less drastic price drop and not sacrifice anything on the car because the "pavement peelers" would gobble it up. Fuel Economy is chevy's thing. they no longer have a rear wheel drive V-8 sports car other than the Vette.
shortexistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #36
supraslug007
AF Newbie

You've got a good point.... I hadn't considered resale.... I suppose if you had the money to get a project like this, you could fix it up, drive it awhile, and sell it for enough to make a profit. I guess people didn't think that way though because the Supra isn't produced anymore. I'm kinda glad it's not. It makes the others seem more rare, and the designs for a new one are kinda...wrong... I agree with you on the GTO, It looks like a mix of a grand am and mitsubishi lancer; they should have made it really long & wide, like a Real GTO. GM seems to just be messing up everywhere. With todays car market, both American & Japanese, the best advice seems to be -buy used-
Old 09-13-2004, 02:15 PM   #37
7M > V8
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 2004 toyota supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcelbo
2004 supras don't exist!! I own a 95 special edition rz-s twin turbo and thats the last supra i ever heard of and that 187 mph is pretty sad when i've reached that speed on a 1/4 mile stretch. Lil kiddies with wild imaginations should step up and deal with the real big boys with fast toys!!
Your a douche bag too. I wish i could find the horsepower/tracktime calculator... I think if you go 187 in 1/4 you must be running some low 8's wiegh 2700lbs and have like 1000+hp or some shit, which means your car is faster than that black undefeated hyabusa killing supra that came out on the cover of that one import mag.

If you plan to try to back up your wild ass statement at least name your rear wheel/tire combo, turbo(s) size, psi, and maybe intake manifold design. And then I want a picture under the hood of your car and you mooning me in the background.

Untill then your just as big a douche bag as the creator of this stupid ass thread, that just wasted more time than it's worth.
7M > V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:28 PM   #38
Dilbert12_4
AF Newbie

I vote for a 500 HP Scion xB. A BOX of power. Lower it, shave the door handles, put a lightning antenna on it, and put a blower sticking through the hood. I think the transaxle would hold up.

Due to the compression ratio of 10.2:1, you'd need to run 93 octane. The cam has 108 degree lobe centers, use a 3-angle valve job, ported/polished heads, a dual-plenum intake, screw in studs, guide plates, roller rockers with a 1.6 ratio on intakes to get 'em breathing, then couple it to a Tremec 5-speed trannie, a Hurst diaphram disk, and a Ford 9" customized Detroit Locker 5.33 spool gear out the rear. Make sure to put some nitrous in the trunk, but be sure to ground the subwoofer back there so you don't literally blow the rear door off during a 8.31 pass at the dragstrip.

I will be finishing this mod and trying to have Toyota sell it as an '06 car starting in October '05. I'm hoping they will warranty the complete package, but I'm worried about the nitrous.

I have a deal with Lloyds of London for insurance for all of you fans. Just tell them the Scion God sent you.

Kellen
Dilbert12_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 06:05 PM   #39
mreturbo
AF Newbie

u guys are hella stupid there is a 2004 supra they just have it as a prototype they also had that 2003 supra both look nothin like the original 1990-1998 supras and yes the 2003 supra was only released in Japan........the 2004 supra looks clean the prototype has a V-10 not bullshitting it costs way too much tho i work for Toyota so i know im not bullshitting it.....they try to compare it to the 360 ferrarri and the NSX so ill post the specifications later when i find everything
mreturbo is offline   Reply With Quote