Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
tlane276
AF Newbie

Bravada won't start

2000 Bravada, 6cyl, 3.0(i think). didnt run it for a few days and went out a few mornings ago and it wouldnt start. just kept crankin. eventually the battery drained a bit so i left it be for a while. hooked it up to other car for 20 minutes, went out and after some urging(stepping on the gas while turning key) got her started. left it running for a bit, went out and filled up tank, added stp fuel treatment. went out this AM and it was doing same thing. hooked it up to other car and while it was charging, i checked the oil. looked a tad low so i grabbed some more and when i grabbed the cap on the fill tube, the whole tube wobbled. i felt around the base and the flange was all broken up. So i need to know how to replace the oil fill tube as well as any ideas anyone may have as to why no start. when it sounded like it WANTED to start, it almost made a misfire noise and then back to just cranking. thanks.
tlane276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: Bravada won't start

Welcome to the site.

Sorry, I checked the 2000 4.3L S10 in the yard and don't know how the oil fill tube is removed. Our Bravadas have the 4.3L Vortec V6 until 2003.

Lack of sufficient fuel pressure has been the problem with many and likely is your issue too.
A fuel pressure check is in order, the pressure spec. is 61-65psi.
There are test kits available at most auto parts stores for around $40 and Harbor Freight has them at a much lower price.
Here's where to check yours,

Be aware that if a fuel pump replacement is in order, use only the Delco brand pumps as other pumps appear to be failing, often as soon as they're installed.
Let us know what you find.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada