Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 07:52 AM   #121
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2000 Tahoe Limited

Quote:
Originally posted by newman25
I just bought a 2000 Tahoe Limited, originally came with one remote and the dealer threw a second one in. They programmed them both today and now the horn no longer chirps on second press of the lock button.

Is there any instructions on programming this keyless remote? I thought I would give it a try before I drove all the way back.

BTW: I tried the Hold unlock on door and ON,OFF,ON,OFF, etc and didn't get the lock/unlock.
Newman:

Make sure you are turning the key all the way forward to the run postition, or where all the dash lights come on.

The horn honk feature appears to only be programmable with the TECH2 GM programmer.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:54 AM   #122
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Re: remote programming for 88 Bonneville

Quote:
Originally posted by waffle
I have an 1988 Bonneville SSE with the old DLC data terminal the 6 pin out not like the newer 8 pin outs . Can someone tell me how to program my remote to work without having to use a dealer .
thanks in advance and if its easier you can email me your replies also to hound107@hotmail.com .
Unforturnately my books don't start covering remote programming until about 1995. Sorry.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:59 AM   #123
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Re: Need programming for 1997 Tahoe LS

Quote:
Originally posted by thrlride
Hello everyone! I bought a Tahoe on this week and the dealer didn't provide the remote. I was given one and bought one, both the same part number. Could you please list instructions on how to program this vehicle?

Thanks!
1996-2000 (old body style) Chevy Trucks, Tahoe, Suburban remote programming.

1) At the data link connector. Use fused jumper wire between pin 4 (black wire) and pin 8 (black/white wire) Doors should lock, then unlock

2) Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK on the transmitter until door locks cycle (about 10 seconds)

3) Repeat step 2 for additional remotes

4) Remove jumper, and test remotes.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:49 PM   #124
MikeMike
AF Newbie

2001 Astro programming

I just bought a Astro and it did not come with the remote. I called Chevy parts and with the VIN he confirmed that the van was born with keyless entry.
I bough a remote on ebay, which is for a 2002 Astro. I assumed it was the same as the one for 2001.
It has these numbers on the back:
GM/LEAR 15043458
FCC ID: KOBLEAR1XT
Canada: 3521 102 1718

I have tried the procedure mentioned earlier in this thread and when I hold the unlock button on the door and on, off, on, off I do get the response with a lock/unlock cycle, but when I press lock and unlock on the remote, and hold them down, I am not getting any response.

Do I have the wrong remote or am I missing something with the programming?

Regards
Mike
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #125
bruce32
AF Newbie

93 Jeep grand Cherokee help

i have a 93' jeep, the remote keyless entry sort of works. i got new batteries for it and it worked for a week and then the unlock worked off and on...the red ligt on the remote sometimes works. i am thinking i need a new remote where is the best (AKA cheapest) way/place to get it. and how hard is it to program it

thanks alot
bruce
bsheiner@uwo.ca
bruce32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 02:48 PM   #126
SmokinJoe280
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to SmokinJoe280
Question 97 Camaro keyless programming

I just bought a 97 Camaro Z28 with automatic everything. The only problem is that it did not come with a keyless remote. It has a factory alarm system installed so it must have originally come with the keyless remote...right? Anyway, I found 3 keyless remotes on ebay (I know I've read a couple horror stories) P/N 16245100-29. The seller claims these remotes are good for "1997 TO 01 CAMARO OR FIREBIRD". If I were to purchase a working remote, how would I program it for my car?
SmokinJoe280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 09:22 PM   #127
macarney
AF Newbie

2002 Impala Remote Programming

Anyone know how to re-program the transmitter for a 2002 Impala. Dealer has quoted me $100.00 per transmiter! I am sure that this can be done in less than 15 minutes. I have search the internet and have had no luck.

Thanks
macarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 09:58 AM   #128
tardissun
AF Newbie

reprogramming keyless for Z24

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to reprogram the keyless entry for a 1997 Z24 Chevy Cavalier (convertible)?

Thanks in advance!!
tardissun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:06 PM   #129
messiahryda
AF Newbie

95 z28 camaro

I have a Z28 Chevy Camaro that had a keyless entry remote and it worked great, and then I lost it So recently I bought a new keyless entry remote off of ebay but it doesn't work. So can someone please tell me how to reprogram my new keyless entry remote for a Z28 1995 chevy Camaro. I have looked everywhere but nothing, until I found this great forum. Please help me out ASAP. Thanks
messiahryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 05:44 PM   #130
SmokinJoe280
AF Newbie

Exclamation Reprogramming 97 Z28 Camaro

I found the procedure in the manual that came with my 97 Z28 Camaro but I'm not sure that it would be the same for a 95 Z28. If you can't find it in your manual let me know and you can try what it says in mine.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:51 PM   #131
Islander669
AF Newbie

Question 95 Blazer LT

Does anyone know how to program another remote to work on a 1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT? Also, do I have to use the same type of remote that I have now (the square one with lock in the top left, unlock in the top right, and rear at the bottom middle)? I'd like to use a different style of remote, but I'm not sure if that can be done. If programming another remote has anything to do with "grounding" or whatever, I'll need detailed instructions on what to do (I haven't the faintest what all of that means; all I can follow is the whole turning the ignition on and off thing, anything more technical just loses me.) Thank you.
Islander669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 10:47 PM   #132
messiahryda
AF Newbie

Keyless entry reprogramming

Hey smokinjoe, thanks for replying. If you can, please post the procedure for you 97 z28 camaro, when I bought my 95 z28, it didn't come with the manual. I'll give it a try, you never know it might work for me. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2002, 11:32 PM   #133
SmokinJoe280
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Programming 97 Z28 keyless remote

1. Turn the ignition to the RUN position, then to the OFF position. This will disarm the Vehicle and Content Theft-Deterent/Alarm (if your vehicle has this option).

2. Remove the RADIO fuse. This fuse is located in the main fuse block, located on the left side of your main instrument panel.

3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF to the RUN position three times quickly ( within five seconds). The vehicle will respond by locking the doors, unloccking the driver's doors and releasing the hatch. Your transmitter is now ready to match to your vehicle.

4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The vehicle will respond as in step 3.

5. Repeat Step 4 for the remaining transmitters.

6. When you have finished matching all of your transmitters, replace the RADIO fuse.

7. Check that all transmitters work by pressing their buttons.

Hope this works for your 95 Z28
Old 09-01-2002, 12:39 AM   #134
messiahryda
AF Newbie

Thanks smokinjoe, I'll try it tomorrow and see if it works. Thanks again.
Old 09-02-2002, 02:23 PM   #135
gomedog
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gomedog
'99 Dodge Grand Caravan

Tireburner or anyone else--Any thoughts on keyless programming for a '99 Dodge Grand Caravan? Thanks!
gomedog is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion