Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 06:02 AM   #211
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vric
Paasche VL/VLS are good. I hate them, but they are good.

if you really want a Paasche airbrush, it's the best you can get. It's difinitly better than the H
Don't forget the Turbo Vric... that's a pretty mean spraying machine.
Martbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #212
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImolaEK
Re: Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

I just found out my friend owns several Paasche VL/VLS. And his art is amazing, he tells me that the Paasche is good and well worth it eventhough he hasn't bought anything other than the Paasche's he has. If i was you i would aim for the Iwata Revolution CR. Very cheap and its an Iwata Im really happy with the way my Iwata performs.

BTW: This is my new screenname
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
ImolaEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 05:50 AM   #213
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Hi Joeham...
Imola EK ??? What the EK stand for ??

I think that Paasche is a good airbrush brand and the fact that they are one of the oldest brand (not the oldest but one of.... the Walkup guys never really have a definitive company name, changing with the ages and depending of the wind...) is there to help them. Their quality is better than average, they have the "know how" and they seem to work well. I never try one but if my friend from the hobbyshop ask my to try one, I'll be happy to do it.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:10 AM   #214
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martbee
Hi Joeham...
Imola EK ??? What the EK stand for ??
EK is the code for the Japanese Civic 6th gen. EK4, EK9, etc.
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 11-12-2004, 05:40 AM   #215
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Haaaa, I didn't know that... is it why their motor are named K16 and so on... if so, what have they done with the E in the configuration ??

Or is it more a body and chassis thing (like the F-body or the J-body from GM) ?? Or like the Mk1, 2,3,4 and now 5 in the Volkswagen Golf setup ??

For the thread and for my curiosity... do you spray everything with your Iwata (interior, body and motor)???
Old 11-18-2004, 04:53 PM   #216
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Haaaa, I didn't know that... is it why their motor are named K16 and so on... if so, what have they done with the E in the configuration ??

Or is it more a body and chassis thing (like the F-body or the J-body from GM) ?? Or like the Mk1, 2,3,4 and now 5 in the Volkswagen Golf setup ??

For the thread and for my curiosity... do you spray everything with your Iwata (interior, body and motor)???
, Sorry it took soo long for me to respond. My computer had terrible virus. The Civics do have a meaning for their codes, engine does have something to do with them also. For example EJ8 Civic have D16Y8 and EJ6 have D16Y7(non-Vtec) There is a site which sums alot of stuff up which i have forgotten but if i find i'll post it.

I did once spray the body of an integra with an airbrush but decided to continue the process with the rattle can since i had drained the paint from it to airbrush it. Interior's i find to be easier to do with airbrush's but i haven't done a motor with my airbrush yet, and that has a reason behind it...

I screwed up my airbrush. I used some of that Testors Acrylic "Airbrush Ready" paints and it clogged up my Iwata soo fast! Now my Iwata skips when i pull the trigger to spray. I might take it this weekend to get it checked to see whats wrong. I have been spraying paint thinner through it for 3 days in a row and soo much paint has come out but now it seems like there is no more paint to be taken out and it still skips. My last option would be that the nozzle is cracked which it does not seem like it is. I've decided to stop messing with it and take it to the pro's so they could see it in person. Worst comes to worst I will buy another one.
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 11-20-2004, 07:45 PM   #217
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Great so now my Eclipse isn't working. The thing keeps skipping when i press for paint and the trigger gets like stuck when i press it down for air. So i bought another Eclipse. This time i won't use Those Testors Acrylics anymore!

I might also buy a 360 Universal since they are in sale for 108$ at the store. Also the Badger Anthem is in sale for 74$. But then again i might save more and buy a Custom Micron for the future.
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 11-21-2004, 08:49 AM   #218
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric

I was using acrylic before (when I had an Aztek) but since I have my badger, I start to hate this paint. Not work that great and harder to clean (you need lacquer thinner to fully clean the airbrush)

Tamiya Acrylic is easyer than real acrylic.
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #219
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vric
I was using acrylic before (when I had an Aztek) but since I have my badger, I start to hate this paint. Not work that great and harder to clean (you need lacquer thinner to fully clean the airbrush)

Tamiya Acrylic is easyer than real acrylic.
Yea Tamiya Acrylic was easier to use than that testors one which i never got to clean right. Chunks of paint were coming out of my nozzle. This gives me another reason to hate Testors. Im scared of using their Metalizer
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 11-21-2004, 10:52 AM   #220
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric

metallizer are Lacquer and are very nice paint

clean very well with lacquer thinner
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #221
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Hey guys my mother just told me that i could get another airbrush for christmas. Im thinking about a finer airbrush. I just saw in DixieArt.com that they recommend the Badger 100G for fine tip for fine detali, its only 60 bucks...Is that really worth it http://www.dixieart.com/Badger100.html. They also say that the Badger 150 is good for art also http://www.dixieart.com/Badger_Model..._Airbrush.html

Whats up with those? Im also taking a look at the Iwata HP-B but thats more like a far future buy, Maybe next summer
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 11-21-2004, 11:50 PM   #222
Sigmaman
AF Premium User

Send a message via MSN to Sigmaman

I own a Passche H and an Aztec A320.The Passche works anywhere anytime with any paint type and its heaps easy to clean.The Aztec works only when its in the mood and is a pain in the arse to clean properly.A waste of $80AUD.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:09 AM   #223
Martbee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImolaEK
...Whats up with those? Im also taking a look at the Iwata HP-B but thats more like a far future buy, Maybe next summer
I don't know for sure what those Badger worth for fine art because I never tried them... so I won't make further allusion on how good they are. But, Badger in general are good but if you're looking for the top airbrush... Iwata Micron is the one (and by the way, it have that Crown tips already on (a pain to clean because it won't allow the back wash)). Or, if you have limited moeny (who dosen't), Tamiya Mag reviewed a Iwata HP-CH+ (I think it was something like that) and it seem (seem, never try it... yet) pretty good. It have a little pressure valve allowing you to fine tune the end pressure at the nozzle which is something I wanna try someday... it's been a while since I bought a new one... maybe it's the time !!! SANTA ???

If you're planning to buy the Badger 360 Universal... don't waste money on the Anthem since they're very close parents... the only difference being the pivoting front end to convert it from bottom feed to top feed (on the 360... that's what the name is for). It's indeed a real good airbrush and one of my personnal favorite.

And sigmaman... welcome to the club man... don't have much to say... Aztec is made by Testor
Old 11-22-2004, 04:24 PM   #224
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Quote:
I don't know for sure what those Badger worth for fine art because I never tried them... so I won't make further allusion on how good they are. But, Badger in general are good but if you're looking for the top airbrush... Iwata Micron is the one (and by the way, it have that Crown tips already on (a pain to clean because it won't allow the back wash)). Or, if you have limited moeny (who dosen't), Tamiya Mag reviewed a Iwata HP-CH+ (I think it was something like that) and it seem (seem, never try it... yet) pretty good. It have a little pressure valve allowing you to fine tune the end pressure at the nozzle which is something I wanna try someday... it's been a while since I bought a new one... maybe it's the time !!! SANTA ???

If you're planning to buy the Badger 360 Universal... don't waste money on the Anthem since they're very close parents... the only difference being the pivoting front end to convert it from bottom feed to top feed (on the 360... that's what the name is for). It's indeed a real good airbrush and one of my personnal favorite.

And sigmaman... welcome to the club man... don't have much to say... Aztec is made by Testor
Hey man i just bought a Badger 100SGF which is with the Fine Tip. Got it for 45 dollars on EBAY, i'll let you guys in on how it is. I have also heard about the custom micron b, sb, c, and c plus+. The B and SB come with a 0.18 nozzle!!! the C comes with a 0.23 nozzle though. Yes i see what you mean about the HP-CH which is part of the Hi Line series which features the MAC (Micro Air Control) valve. I was thinking of getting the HP-B or the HP-BH since they bring a 0.2 nozzle. The HP-CH comes with a bigger nozzle, i think 0.3. The Hi Line series for the HP's run around 180 dollars. If i win this art contest im entering which will be 1 thousand dollars i will get one of those, if not then for next summer

PS: I just spotted an auction for 6 Paasche VL Airbrushes for only 200 dollars on EBAY!!! Man oh man! I want them!
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Old 11-22-2004, 04:56 PM   #225
ImolaEK
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tamiya or Aztek Airbrush's

Crap im trying to buy some hoses and color cups from dixie art but they only show a space for credit card and i don't want to put in credit card numbers i want to pay through pay pal but they don't give me any options. Should i email them? at what address?

EDIT: Just read their FAQ page. Jeez they charge 9.95 for shipping even to small objects that could be mailed for less than 2 dollars! They fucking abuse! No wonder they offer free shipping for over 45 dollars..Maybe i should buy another airbrush so i could get free shipping... just kidding.
joehamc2k3@yahoo.com

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham