Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #556
RaiseThe Hood
AF Newbie

Re: Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Would anyone here happen to know what this Audiovox Prestige item is and what it does? Please look at the pic and let me know if you have ever seen anything like it. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg base.jpg (32.4 KB, 2 views)
RaiseThe Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #557
RaiseThe Hood
AF Newbie

Re: Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Thanks to anyone who took a look. I figured it out. It's a gear shift lock. Thanks again.
RaiseThe Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #558
JustShar
AF Newbie

Question Re: Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Hi everyone I have a 2000 dodge grand caravan sport I purchased and the previous owner lost the clicker for...I picked up a new one online and need help programming it plz. I have somewhat of an idea just need clarification. Have a great day!! Ty in advance
JustShar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #559
AdVenture
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustShar View Post
Hi everyone I have a 2000 dodge grand caravan sport I purchased and the previous owner lost the clicker for...I picked up a new one online and need help programming it plz. I have somewhat of an idea just need clarification. Have a great day!! Ty in advance
Remove the BCM fuse, insert key, pull back to ACC then immediately to OFF then back to ACC, pressed both buttons on your clicker for 14 secs, immediately and hold the two buttons for 14 sec. Should be good from there, test it and if it's a go replace your BCM fuse. Some car models will require you to open then close a door for the cycle to work. Try it without the open/Close door option first, I didn't have to Open/Close with my chevy venture.

Do the 14 sec routine for the second remote immediatly after the first one If you have a second remote.
AdVenture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #560
JustShar
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdVenture View Post
Remove the BCM fuse, insert key, pull back to ACC then immediately to OFF then back to ACC, pressed both buttons on your clicker for 14 secs, immediately and hold the two buttons for 14 sec. Should be good from there, test it and if it's a go replace your BCM fuse. Some car models will require you to open then close a door for the cycle to work. Try it without the open/Close door option first, I didn't have to Open/Close with my chevy venture.

Do the 14 sec routine for the second remote immediatly after the first one If you have a second remote.
Ok where is the bcm fuse lol.... Ty
Old 07-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #561
AdVenture
AF Newbie

Quote:
Ok where is the bcm fuse lol.... Ty
I found mine by looking through my owner's manual. I have a Chevy Venture mine was located by the passenger side door in the fuse box.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdVenture For This Useful Post:
JustShar (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #562
JustShar
AF Newbie

No owners manual but I read the iod fuse is same thing?? I tried it with doors closed no go...but then the baby woke up lol maybe ill try again later our search for that bcm fuse ty ty
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #563
AdVenture
AF Newbie

Quote:
No owners manual but I read the iod fuse is same thing?? I tried it with doors closed no go...but then the baby woke up lol maybe ill try again later our search for that bcm fuse ty ty
Yeah it was a PITA for me and I thought I'd never get it right. I was ready to pay someelse to go through the misery. Then one day I was bored and had plenty of time. I took my time and got it in 5 min,lol. I'm not sure if a BCM is also an IOD fuse for a diff car. I'm a Home Improvement guy who barely gets around with Auto repair etc.. Did yours come with instructions? I know one guy on this site said his worked when he went through the series by opening the Drivers side door, another guy said the passenger side door worked for him and another guy said the tail gate worked for him. I didn't open anything so maybe I was lucky. I don't know if you've read this one. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ad.php?t=53752
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #564
herbadentis
AF Newbie

Thansk for post..
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #565
JustShar
AF Newbie

I never did get it however I took the van to the dealer and they did it for free along with the recalled clock spring
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #566
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

We carry the 2000 Caravan keyless remotes, keys, and programming if you ever need a replacement:

http://originalkeyless.com/2000-Dodg...?categoryId=-1
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #567
joeblack77
AF Newbie

I need to know how to program a replacement remote for a 91 buick riviera, any help will be greatly appreciated.
joeblack77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:48 AM   #568
RGarciaJr
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RGarciaJr

Anyone know how to program a remote for a 2006 9-7x (SUV made by GM just like a Trailblazer with SAAB Name)
RGarciaJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #569
PGFolks
AF Newbie

I have a 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 that I purchased a remote for on Ebay. After reading programming procedures on this forum, I tried several of them and none worked. Then I had a professional lock smith that specializes in key fob programming try and he used a scan tool, but couldn't get the key fobs to program. He determined that they both are functional, but have the wrong FCC code to be compatible. Can you help me determine what the correct FCC code would be for my vehicle so I can maybe purchase the right key fob?
PGFolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #570
Stephenl80
AF Newbie

Any help with 01pontiac ga gt programing keyfob would be greatly appreciated
Stephenl80 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion