Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AMC/Rambler/Nash/IH > Rambler
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #1
mojan_n
AF Newbie

New Member needs somehelp

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Rambler. I relay like the style of first and second generation (58-63) of Rambler American, must be automatic transmission and prefer 4 doors.
So I would like to purchase one
I want this car for fun and weekend ride.
I prefer stock.

Is it easy to find parts and Mechanic for Ramblers?
any advise?

background: I currently have a 64 Chevy Corvair and I kind of know how to work on old cars.

Thanks.
mojan_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Re: New Member needs somehelp

just saw this.. hope you have located a serviceable 550, or American, or Classic. mid-60s were probably the best as far as interchangeability with other AMC makes/models, and cross-over compatability with some chrysler products. when i came back from iraq the first time, i found a one owner 63 Nash two-door w/ inline 196, and a two speed FlashOMatic trans.. she could not even beat a city transit bus off the line, but get her up to city or highway speed, and she was smooth, and the 1bbl carb made the gas gauge not even begin to move for 50-60miles; so that full size/compact coupe got close to 26/27mpg, with or without four bodies in the trunk.. i loved the aqua/seamist green color on the body, and the interior; plus, it was a cross-country machine camper too.. pull over at a rest stop; or take a girl to the drive-in, and the front bench folded all the way down, to lock with the rear seat for a queen size couch/bed!
if you find one; in a dry enough state, w/o a rusted out frame, it is a dream..
unique; not a novaII, and definitely not a honda, but a little more expensive to wrench on than a small block; regardless of the 6, or the 8-cylinder; but parts are still available, as many of my six cylinder internals were matched to international harvester tractor motor parts; and all my brakes were from 70s AMC Rebels and others; no fabrication, direct bolt-on replacements..
good luck.
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AMC/Rambler/Nash/IH > Rambler