Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
zepeda1
AF Newbie

Tow mode question???

I have a 2006 Armada SE, when I put it in tow mode I see no difference in how the truck runs. When I had my tahoe and put it in tow mode the transmission would shift and the RPM's would go up. Does anyone have an Armada that does the same?
zepeda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tow mode question???

doesnt the armada have the CVT?

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
06chill
AF Newbie

the armada has the five speed auto and im pritty sure the tow mode should make it hold back the gears when you go down hills and also higher revs before shifting......also if you know how like the hill start assist works it should do something like that
Old 05-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
06chill
AF Newbie

the murano the new altima the new maxima sentra and versa have the cvt
Old 08-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
soonercntry
AF Newbie

zepeda,

How do you like the shift from a Tahoe to the Armada. My wife and I are looking at doing the same.
soonercntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
cmrg63
AF Newbie

Look on the right side of the eng. compartment for the relay box. In the box there should be three relays to actavate the tow package. You may need those relays. These relays will be marked tow1, tow2, & tow3.
cmrg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Nmiller67
AF Newbie

You might check to be sure it's not part of this recall for the Nissan Armada.

I just found this and plan to have it checked on my Armada.
Neil

Recall Alert: NISSAN ARMADA, NISSAN FRONTIER, NISSAN PATHFINDER, NISSAN TITAN, NISSAN XTERRA
Owner Notification Date: Aug 07, 2007
Number of Units Potentially Affected: 3500
Component Description: EQUIPMENT
NHTSA Campaign Number: 07E046000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description of Recall Campaign: CERTAIN HOPKINS AFTERMARKET TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL CONNECTION HARNESSES SOLD FOR USE ON CERTAIN MODELS OF NISSAN VEHICLES WHICH ARE LISTED ABOVE. THE INTERNAL PART NUMBERS WITHIN HOPKINS ARE: 1010476025, 1040376025, 1110476025, 1170376025, 1290376025, 1010476035, 1040376035, 1110476035, 1170376035, AND 1290376035. A WIRE MAY HAVE BEEN PLACED IN AN INCORRECT POSITION IN THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR HOUSING. THIS RESULTS IN AN INCORRECT ROUTING OF WIRES BETWEEN THE TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER AND THE TOWING VEHICLE WIRING SYSTEM.
THIS HARNESS WOULD RESULT IN POWER FROM THE TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER GOING TO THE TOWING VEHICLE DASH LIGHT CIRCUIT RATHER THAN THE TRAILER BRAKES. THIS RESULT WOULD BE THE LACK OF TRAILER BRAKING WHEN THE TOWING VEHICLE BRAKES WERE APPLIED. IT WOULD ALSO RESULT IN THE TOWING VEHICLES DASH LIGHTS BEING ACTIVATED WHEN THE VEHICLE BRAKES WERE APPLIED. THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION OF THE TRAILER BRAKE COULD RESULT IN REDUCED ABILITY TO STOP AND CONTRIBUTE TO A POSSIBLE CRASH.

HOPKINS WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE ORIGINAL HARNESS WITH A REVISED HARNESS FREE OF CHARGE. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED THE AGENCY WITH A NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE. OWNERS CAN CONTACT HOPKINS AT 800-835-0129.
Nmiller67 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail