Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
NevetsDrassel
AF Newbie

Angry Help with Transmission Problem in my Rodeo - Now on 6th Rebuild since Jan

Have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo with 175K miles on it. Had the transmission rebuilt by AAMCO about 7 years ago and it lasted until Jan even though there were some issues that they refused to fix as long as the car kept moving. Anyways, the tranny finally went out at the end of Jan of this year. So I brought it back to AAMCO because I have a lifetime owner warranty for the tranny rebuild.

This tranny has been rebuilt 5 times in since January and finally a new tranny was installed about a month ago. This tranny lasted 300 miles and out it went again. So it is back at AAMCO for another rebuild and they say that they can not figure out what the problem is because there are no error codes on the tranny or the OBD system, and everything seems to check out OK on the car.

Hopefully, someone here can help me with this and try to get me going in the right direction so that I can finally get my car back as it has been at the AAMCO shop for at least 5 months on and off this year. No tranny rebuild has lasted more than a couple of days or over 100 miles. One rebuild went out in less than 20 miles.

The latest tranny issue happened the other night. I was driving the new tranny (300 miles on it) down the road and it started to shift roughly, which is usually an indication of solenoid problems. So I turned around and came home and in less then 1 mile of driving to my house, the tranny got burned up, less than 1/4 mile after the check transmission light came on.

So I really need some help here. Why is this car eating transmissions? This is now the sixth time it has gone back to the AAMCO shop for repair. Someone, please help and tell me why this car is burning up transmissions. AAMCO said this last transmission was a brand new unit and they obviously don't have a clue as to what is going on......
NevetsDrassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Help with Transmission Problem in my Rodeo - Now on 6th Rebuild since Jan

Is the transmission cooler integrated into the radiator? Has it been flushed or replaced?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
NevetsDrassel
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
Is the transmission cooler integrated into the radiator? Has it been flushed or replaced?
Its been flushed each time the tranny has been worked on. And yes, the cooler is integrated into the radiator.
NevetsDrassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I'd consider replacing it with an external cooler. When I had a trans fail on a Mitsubishi Eclipse years ago the trans shop highly recommended installing an external cooler because of possible blockage in the factory radiator integral one. After the rebuild I drove the car another 6 months, and sold it to my brother who drove it for a year and after he sold it I saw it around the area still being driven many months after that.

Basically my rambling is saying, if it a brand new trans burned up that quickly then it sounds like a blockage problem. If it is not blockage then it would have to be electrical.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU