Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #1
JeffBodden
AF Newbie

Cool 2001 Rodeo 4WD won't engage-blinking light

Sorry members, but I've read similar posts for about the past 2 hours and can't find the answer to my question.

Like many others, my 4x4 light flashes when I press the 4x4 button and the 4x4 won't engage. Vehicle rides fine and transfer case will shift from High into Low. My Rodeo has about 182k on it. Also, no check engine lights.

Took it to the local AAMCO shop. They stated it needed a new front axle actuator and claimed they put 12v directly to it and nothing happened.

The other day, I had it on a lift to replace the fuel pump/sending unit and decided to attempt to remove the front actuator and "un-stick" it, since it was in plain view and was attached by only 4 bolts. Upon further examination, I noticed a vacuum hose just hanging by the actuator. I plugged it into the actuator and still nothing. I asked a friend to check to see if in fact there was any vacuum after starting it up and pressing the 4x4 button. The answer was "none".

Finally, here are the questions.

A) Assuming the tranny shop "direct wired" 12v to the actuator, wouldn't it still need the vacuum to engage?

B) Assuming the vacuum line that goes to the 2x4 inlet has vacuum, can I simply remove that line and attach it to the 4x4 side just to see if the actuator will engage?

C) Does anyone have a pic of where the vacuum solenoid is located (so I can check to see if I'm getting any vacuum at the solenoid)?

Any other recommendations and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Jeff
JeffBodden is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU