Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
327chevy
AF Regular

2008 passenger side parking/signal light malfunctioning

Here's what I'm up against.My mother in law has this car and the signal light started flashing erratically the other day,so I started looking into the obvious things.I changed both bulbs,front and rear,and still the issue persists.I used my test light to check the sockets and I noticed the rear one has power on both sides for parking and signal but the front is where I believe the problem lies.If I take the bulb out and test the contacts in the socket I get the flashing on one side but no solid light for the parking light on the other.The socket isn't corroded and I took it off the connector to check it there and it's clean too.Is the wiring prone to breaks in these particular circuits for these cars or is there something else I could check? I have also checked every fuse in the fusebox under the hood and they are all good.I thought perhaps there was a separate fuse for the individual circuits but I never found anything to indicate a bad fuse.
327chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
327chevy
AF Regular

Re: 2008 passenger side parking/signal light malfunctioning

I just thought of something that might help to narrow down a possible cure for those that might know too.When the blinker is switched on it will flash properly for the first 2 or 3 flashed then a chime will sound and then it starts with the rapid flashing.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
327chevy
AF Regular

Re: 2008 passenger side parking/signal light malfunctioning

I replaced both the front and rear bulbs already and have checked all the fuses because I couldn't find the one labeled for the parking lights or blinkers.It must be piggybacked on another circuit.If someone can give me the correct fuse(s) to check that'd be a help too.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber