Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > HHR
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #1
ncb639
AF Newbie

2011 hhr 2.4l struggles to accelerate until 2500 rpm

2011 chevy hhr 2.4l flex fuel LT

It boggs down and struggles to accelerate until it reaches 2500 rpm's then it takes off. It's as if someone flipped a switch.

It has a new throttle body, spark plugs are good and look good, new air filter, cleaned maf sensor and No CEL on. The air intake hose has a hole so it's getting warmer air but that's recent and it's been doing this for some time now

Thanks for the help

Last edited by ncb639; 07-15-2014 at 12:46 PM.
ncb639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 2011 hhr 2.4l struggles to accelerate until 2500 rpm

Should still scan it for codes...new throttle body? Was this happening before or after replacement? Was it new or used?
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
ncb639
AF Newbie

It was throwing a throttle body code. I forget which one something about high input or something. It put the vehicle in reduced power mode. Once I replaced it the code went away and also the reduced power mode.

It has been doing this way before the throttle body replacement and it was new. It does seem to be a little worse latley though. Now even if u make a turn and try to accelerate if it's below 2500 rpm's it struggles to pick up speed. The more throttle u give it the deeper bogging down sound it makes so I know the throttle body is opening.

I'll check for codes tonight but as of yesterday it didn't have anything new. I will say wen the new throttle body went on the pending code stopped and I erased the stored code. It was the same one and when I drove it after that it didn't do anything like this. It stil had some acceleration problems but not I the point it barley moves under 2500. And at 2500 it all if a sudden takes off like it's supposed to.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb639 View Post
2011 chevy hhr 2.4l flex fuel LT

It boggs down and struggles to accelerate until it reaches 2500 rpm's then it takes off. It's as if someone flipped a switch.

It has a new throttle body, spark plugs are good and look good, new air filter, cleaned maf sensor and No CEL on. The air intake hose has a hole so it's getting warmer air but that's recent and it's been doing this for some time now

Thanks for the help
Hi ncb639! Did you have those previous repairs completed at the dealership? If so, the repair should be warranted for up to 12 months. It sounds like you're looking for advice here on the forums first, however if you decide to swing by the dealership to have them take a look at your vehicle, please let us know.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Do you have a timeline on this? how long ago/miles was the TB replaced?

Unfortunately, as a tech, I saw TB's replaced and then cars came back within a week....problems I found were either a broken wire in the harness to the TB or bad connection at the harness connector...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #6
ncb639
AF Newbie

Ok so here's some more

Last night I checked for codes and it had none.

Surprisingly after sitting for several hours I cranked it up and took off. It ran perfect for 15 min or so then began to bog down At low rpm's.

Sounds like it might be the transmission acting up once warm?

Also the throttke body was replaced two weeks ago and now that I'm thinking about it it ran great when I test drove it afterward for 5 min so I parked it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > HHR