Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > Spitfire
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
beccer
AF Newbie

Restoring 1970 MK III

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, but I just wanted to get some input from some the more experienced Spitfire enthusiast. My Dad who has been restoring classic cars for 25+ yrs is the main driving force in this process. but I really just wnated to hear what others have done to their Spitfire's during this process. we are basicly looking for a salvage car for underneath( a Honda Civic, Del Sol, Mazda Miata, VW Jetta) something with a small but powerful engine. I was wandering if any of you have done this and if so how did it turn out?
on the outside my car will look completely stock, except for a little bigger wheel opening.
I would just really like to know what everyone else has done to their Spitfire's.
-Beccer
beccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:03 AM   #2
thenakedtarmacer
AF Newbie

Hi beccer my spit had all triumph bits on i got 115bhp from the 1500 motor and just used uprated springs an poly bushes. Low gearing is the key to an exiting ride i had a gt6 mk1 close ratio box and mk1 spit dif good for 115mph at 6000rpm and good 0-60 times. with fibre glass panels it was only 720kg, good fun without all the hassel of changing all the chassie.
thenakedtarmacer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > Spitfire