Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Seville
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
gillette106
AF Newbie

98 seville sls driver info center

I have recently purchased an sls and have a few messages in the DIC. Service suspension system and change brake pads are the 2 messages. The suspension message has been there since my purchase, but the front brakes were squealing a little, so I took them apart, cleaned, lubed and reassembled them. I reinstalled the same sensors and now have the "change brake pads" message. Is there any way that i can reset these messages myself?
gillette106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: 98 seville sls driver info center

What condition are the brake pads in? If the sensors have been worn into by the rotor, the pads need replaced. They will come with new sensors.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Tony Silva
AF Regular

Don't know about the brake issue, but as for the suspension problem. it could be thatthe auto leveling pump is not operating. Or that one of the 4 sensors that monitor the (4) lower control arms movement may be faulty/damaged. Or that infact your vehicle may need new struts. Not too much can go wrond with the Cadi leveling system.
Tony Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
gillette106
AF Newbie

Sorry, meant to post that the pads were still at about 80% or better remaining. That's why I only cleaned everything up. I put the old sensors back on because they weren't worn. So, I'm wondering if it will needs time to reset itself, or if maybe I damaged one. Otherwise, is it possible to reset the messages myself, or will they only reset if the items are "fixed"? Thx GMTECH.

As far as the the sensors for the control arms, where abouts are they located? Also, is the leveling pump located under the rear of the car? I do hear what sounds like a compressor running from time to time. Thx Tony.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Tony Silva
AF Regular

Ok...if you hear the compressor running from time to time then it is fine. As for the sensors...the front ones are bolted to the sheet metal of the unibody ...if you pull the front tires off, you will see them...they are on the exterior side of the "frame" channeling...I think they are each held in place with one 10mm bolt...they have a plug with 2 wires connected to it and there is a small rod that comes out of the sensor and attaches to the lower controll arm. There is a plastic ball socket at the end od the rod that connects to the bracket on the lower controll arms...one per wheel...once you locate the ones in front, you will know what to look for on the rear. The rod comes out of the sensor and points downward.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Tony Silva
AF Regular

As a side note...with the front wheel off...on the drivers' side you will see 3 wire looms. One goes to the hub for the ABS system...one runs along the "frame channel" to the ABS block and the other goes to the level sensor. Geographically, the one in the middle is for the level sensor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Silva For This Useful Post:
gillette106 (09-17-2011)
Old 09-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
gillette106
AF Newbie

That's awesome! I'll definitely check that out tomorrow. Thx again Tony. I'll keep up to date once I check them.