Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
GTIduffer
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Re: Mazda 6 Keyless Entry Remote Programming?

I had the same problems- didnt work until I turned the battery over in teh remote. ( I put a new battery in adn left the '+' side up; it worked after I turned the '+' side down ). Then these instructions worked.
GTIduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #17
Mazda6ownr
AF Newbie

Re: Mazda 6 Keyless Entry Remote Programming?

GTIduffer - Please don't give useless or otherwise wrong information! Seriously, there's no way you got it to work by just turning the battery the other way, because the battery goes in with the plus side facing up, not down - it even says on the circuit board!

Everyone else who is giving good constructive help, PLEASE HELP ME!
Okay, so I was able to go through and complete everything up through Step 6 - and I got the proper response (doors lock and unlock). However, whenever I go past this step, whether I am pressing the remote button once, twice, three times or four times, I get no response (doors lock/unlock). What am I doing wrong? But when I continued past with no response, and I removed the key from ignition, I got the proper response. WHAT GIVES??!?

Please help me solve this problem, as it is unbelievably annoying!
Mazda6ownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #18
superkepeli
AF Newbie

Mazda6ownr- GTIduffer might be on to something. I tried flipping the battery myself after trying to fix my Keyless Entry Remotes for over a year now with no response from the ECU before. Once I flipped the battery on the remote, I go through all the steps and upon the first press of a button on the remote the trunk pops open and the horn starts going off. Sadly, the remotes still aren't working though. This has to be the single most aggravating thing to ever go through. I miss being able to turn off my alarm from inside when it goes off during thunderstorms, or when motorcycles set the alarm off, I look like a fool running down the street to turn the alarm off.
superkepeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #19
GuinnessGuy
AF Newbie

Thanks very much for the flawless 9 step instructions! I also read them and thought it was some "secret handshake" and I was being filmed by Candid Camera! But it worked like a charm. Now I'm dying to know what caused it to happen-- a built in bug to force people in for servicing at a dealership? The "interweb" and the power of crowds to the rescue again!
GuinnessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #20
bdobson
AF Newbie

I have a 2004, both remote quit working at the same time. They will lock the doors but will not unlock them. Is this a programing issue or possibly a "sensor"?
bdobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #21
jodione
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Mazda 6 Keyless Entry Remote Programming?

thanks, worked like a charm on my 2006 MAZDA 6 S.
My remote stopped working this morning. After replacing the battery, it still would not work. I called the dealership to inquire how to re-sync the remote to my car, since the light on the remote was still working. The service technician informed me that "you would need to bring in the car for that and have us hook it up to our computer and HOPEFULLY it would re-sync". Well, needless to say, he was wrong. Thanks alot for the how-to.
jodione
jodione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
jaljjh07
AF Newbie

Have the problem with my remotes, neither will do anything with the ECU when I attempt to program them. They worked before and then just started acting up. Have done the check on the system by turning on/off the car 4 times and opening/closing 4 times and the doors locked unlocked, trunk opened and horn went off. But still will not get a response when I press the unlock or any other button when programming. Does anyone have any ideas of whats up. I see others had the same problem last year. Did it get resolved? Help anyone!!!
jaljjh07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #23
jodione
AF Newbie

i believe it is 3 times each on the ignition and the doors. if you are still having issues, try disconnecting the battery, give it 30 minutes, reconnect battery and try the fix again.
jodione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #24
jaljjh07
AF Newbie

I have done it 3 times each (the 4 time thing was a diagnostic to test the keyless system I was told). Everything worked like it should except for the remote, it doesn't do anything when I press the unlock or lock button when I get to that step. I have done it numerous times, I have done it slow and have done it with two different remotes. I have verified the remotes and have changed batteries. Could it be that I have two faulty remotes? I don't want to buy another one if I don't have to. The biggest problem is that I am in the military and stationed overseas. The Mazda dealership here told me that they don't deal with this type of keyless entry system. So I am stuck like chuck. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #25
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Make sure you have the batteries in the correct way inside the remote.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #26
jaljjh07
AF Newbie

I have actually tried the remote with the batteries flipped and then the right way and still nothing.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #27
ShaNiyaz
AF Newbie

I was dealing with a dealership on trying to get them to reprogram our keyless entry and they kept putting me off. After over a month long battle I got on the internet and tried to get a quote to just have it done and came across this site. We immediately went outside and started trying to program the key. It was 10:30 p.m. and we were setting off the alarm and everything else. We decided to go to a parking lot to keep from waking the neighbors, this is where a stranger helped us figure out turning off the alarm. After losing all of our nerves on the alarm we tried several suggestions from this page. Around 4 tries and a couple of different ways (a half an hour later) we got it to work. We were so stoked and cannot wait to tell the dealership how useless their service department is!!! Thank you everyone!!! ))
ShaNiyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #28
jaljjh07
AF Newbie

I ended buying a new remote online, and it worked with the first try. I guess the other ones were bad. Thanks to all who offered support.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #29
happygirl
AF Newbie

Okay, so I am tenacious, if nothing else, and I tried the 9 step fix over 30 times and no response from the remote. Every other part responded as stated. Tried the diagnostic (4 turns of the key) and got all the popping, honking, etc, so the systems is working, just not the remotes. They worked fine for over a year since I bought the car and one day, no happy clicking sound when I went to unlock my doors. Tomorrow, I will try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to see if this helps. I will be sure to post if it has any positive effect. No news is bad news here! Any other suggestions would be wonderful!
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #30
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Your remote may have somehow gotten water damage or might have just worn out. It sounds like the vehicle is responding to entering programming mode, and if the batteries are new, the remote(s) itself may just need replacing.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6