Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Question Mazda 6 Keyless Entry Remote Programming?

Does anyone have confirmed programming instructions for the Mazda 6? The remote appears to be the same as the Mazda Rx8, but the programming instructions aren't crossing over from the Rx8 to the 6.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Re: Mazda 6 Keyless Entry Remote Programming?

This is what I found on the MazdaWorld site, can anyone confirm?

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!
The Following User Says Thank You to Onblsht For This Useful Post:
audiopip (06-15-2011)
Old 03-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #3
92rs25th
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to 92rs25th

Uhh...i don't think that will work..the 6 doesn't have a elec' key.

1992 RS Camaro 383.
2004 Mazda 6.
2003 Subaru Legacy GT Limited.
1984 Nissan 300 ZX
1993 Mazda MX-3 ( Newest addition to my collection. )

http://photobucket.com/albums/y187/ohjiro
92rs25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
frenchski
AF Newbie

Programming

That is the correct procedure except you have to press any button on the remote 2 times. If you want to do multiple remotes just press any button twice on each before removing the key.
frenchski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
Kepathh
AF Newbie

I just want to say "THANK YOU!" for the reprogramming instructions for the remote key for the MX - 6. At first, I thought they were a joke when reading them (i.e. on off, on off, on off, open close, open close, open close).

I am happy to say they worked beautifully (it did require two presses of the remote). I am curious if anyone knows why both remotes stopped working? The car is only 1 year old. They worked after reprogramming, so I suspect it isn't a battery issue in the remotes or the car. If anyone knows, I'm curious. Thanks again.

Kepathh
Kepathh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
lilhelp
AF Newbie

I got this to work all the way up until pressing the button twice, the doors didn't seem to respond and lock and unlock at this point. Once i took the key out it did but the remote did not work. I have already tried replacing the battery and attempted to program a different remote for the car. Any ideas on what to try next or why it will not respond?
lilhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
PRCIVIC
AF Newbie

By doing that same procedure but instead 3 times on and off and open and close, do it four times, this is to confirm that the keyless entry sistem is working properly, you shoul see the locking and unlocking, lights flashes, the trunks pumps out open and the horn sounds, if your car does all these things the sistem is ok, that means you should get new remotes, otherwise if the car does not do anything of these, your keyless entry sistem is damaged or you could have only a blown fuse, check for that first, it is the cheapest part.
PRCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #9
Mazda6Girl
AF Newbie

So I did the programming instructions and the car responded until I got to Step 6 at which when I pressed any button once (I also tried it twice) nothing happened. When I took the key out of the ignition the locks responded by turning off and on but when I tried to lock and/unlock my car nothing happened. I changed the batteries in both my remotes and they both quite working at the exact same time.
Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be the fuse or I am doing something wrong?

PLEASE HELP and I will be forever grateful

Thanks so much!
Mazda6Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
keycomp
AF Newbie

Tried your method ... was OK until Step 6 ... Car did Lock, Unlock, Trunk pop and Horn ... when pressed remote ... NOTHING ... tried one and twice ... still NOTHING.

Any Suggestions ... MARIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onblsht View Post
This is what I found on the MazdaWorld site, can anyone confirm?

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!
keycomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
keycomp
AF Newbie

Did you get any responses to your dilemna ... I have the same problem ... Step 7 ... no response by ECU when button pressed on Remote 1 or 2

MARIA
keycomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
PRCIVIC
AF Newbie

Ok, those steps i gave you was to diagnose the keyless entry system, and you told me the car did lock, unlock, turn the lights on, pop the trunk and sounded the horn, that means the keyless entry of the car is working perfect. In those instructions you found i have never done the second step, then from step 3 to 6 is the same i did always but in the step 7 i press the UNLOCK BUTTON TWICE, then the same for second transmitter and step 9 is the same i did. If still does not work contact me as soon as you can, i have access to the Mazda official site and i can download the instructions. But those are the steps i always do for Mazda 6, RX-8, Mazda3 and Mazda 5 transmitter programming. Good luck and sometimes id did not work the first time, sometimes i have to try about 5 times. If the first time does not work, close the car with the key then open it again with the key and try again, or remove the key and wait 30 seconds and try again. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
DJ Tacki
AF Newbie

Hi!
I've got the same issue.
Tried all things in this thread, at last yours, but when i'm at step 8, by pressing keys on SECOND key, nothing happens, i mean the ECU not locks & unlocks the doors.tried with any key,and the double unlock too.
tried the 4 times on/off, doors cole/open, but nothing happens but the doors locked and unlocked at the 3rd door opening.but no horn,or etc...
but the car is perfectly working eith the first/master key...
any ideas?
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRCIVIC View Post
Ok, those steps i gave you was to diagnose the keyless entry system, and you told me the car did lock, unlock, turn the lights on, pop the trunk and sounded the horn, that means the keyless entry of the car is working perfect. In those instructions you found i have never done the second step, then from step 3 to 6 is the same i did always but in the step 7 i press the UNLOCK BUTTON TWICE, then the same for second transmitter and step 9 is the same i did. If still does not work contact me as soon as you can, i have access to the Mazda official site and i can download the instructions. But those are the steps i always do for Mazda 6, RX-8, Mazda3 and Mazda 5 transmitter programming. Good luck and sometimes id did not work the first time, sometimes i have to try about 5 times. If the first time does not work, close the car with the key then open it again with the key and try again, or remove the key and wait 30 seconds and try again. Good luck!
DJ Tacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #14
PRCIVIC
AF Newbie

Ok dude, the first step is to test the keyless entry system of the car, doing the on/off and open/close drivers door four times, if the rke system of the car locks, unlocks the doors, flash the lights (don't remember if is 2 or 3 times), opens the trunk (unless hatch back) and horn sounds, the rke system of the car is working properly. Then close the car and lock the doors, wait 40 seconds, open the drivers door, on/off switch 3 times, in the third time leave the switch off, close/open drivers door 3 times and leave it open, when the doors locks and unlocks by itself press the UNLOCK BOTTON TWICE OF EACH TRANSMITTER, if the transmitters are ok they should be programmed. If not try again a few times, sometimes is not done by the first time. Then let me know!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
Tammy2009
AF Newbie

Everything works right up untill I try to turn the car on, it does not turn the car on. Horn beep, doors lock and unlock, trunk opens, any ideas?. Thanks Tammy
Tammy2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6