Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo

40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo

Saturday- MARCH 10th. 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Started back in 1978, the Expo was originally at the Como Inn in downtown Chicago. It is now held at Continental Autosports, a Ferrari/Maserati dealer near Chicago.

FREE GENERAL ADMISSION

The Ferrari Club of America Central States Region is proud to announce the 40th annual Literature, Art and Model Expo at Continental Auto Sports, 420 E. Ogden Ave., Hinsdale, IL.

The EXPO is the perfect time to start, add to, or complete your collection of Ferrari, Maserati, and Italian sports car memorabilia, models, art work, yearbooks, sales brochures, postcards, photographs etc. It’s also a good opportunity to meet, mingle and share stories with other car enthusiasts on a day dedicated to Italian automobiles.

The model car contest, which drew 75 entries last year, continues. Quality of
detailing and wide variety of automobiles: historic and current street andrace cars were impressive. To enter the model contest, please contact Tom Tanner at 630/ 766-2098.

Continental Auto Sports is located 20 minutes south of O’Hare International Airport
and just west of I-294 (Tri-State Tollway.) 630/ 655-3535
F1Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
lemansnut
AF Enthusiast

Re: 40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo

Hey Tom,

Was just looking a couple of days ago to see if there was a date set. Unfortunately I'll be down in Georgia visiting my son that weekend so won't be able to attend. Hate to miss it, always a great time. See you around, maybe at Road America!

Mike
lemansnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #3
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansnut View Post
Hey Tom,

Was just looking a couple of days ago to see if there was a date set. Unfortunately I'll be down in Georgia visiting my son that weekend so won't be able to attend. Hate to miss it, always a great time. See you around, maybe at Road America!

Mike
Hi Mike,

Yes I will see you up at Road America again. The track has had a lot of improvements over the winter I understand. Best track in North America, sort of like a mini 4 mile Nurburgring.

By the way, I talked them into bringing the Lancia Stratos to the show.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
Spike2933
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Spike2933

Hey Tom, I'm finally going to be able to make it back and bring a model or two. Great to see the show still running.

Steven
Old 02-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike2933 View Post
Hey Tom, I'm finally going to be able to make it back and bring a model or two. Great to see the show still running.

Steven

Good to see you back. Yes this show has been held for 40 years by the Ferrari Club. I think it was best when held at the Como Inn in downtown Chicago. Always had amazing Ferrari's on display. This year we plan on having a Lancia Stratos along with the usual classic and new Ferrari's and Maserati's.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Very nice real cars on display this year. The blue Lancia Stratos was a crowd favorite along with the Maserati 5000 and Ferrari Zagato 550 Spyder(one of 3 made). Also a 288 GTO and 288 GTO EVO were on display along with many other Ferrari's and a Alfa GTA Jr.

Hope some of you can make it back next year. Bugatti will be the special theme next year along with the normal sportscar/racecar classes

We are working on getting a display of original car design renderings for next year. This will be a rare opportunity to see these drawings and paintings done by a big three engineer designer up close.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling