Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Insight
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
CoriolisSTORM
AF Newbie

Should I get one?

Well, let me start off as to the "why" part. I have an internship at the Mercedes Benz facility in Vance Alabama that starts in August. Now, its 70 miles one way, so 140 miles a day pretty much if I stay at home. I have a Jeep Wrangler currently, and 14-19 MPG is not going to do me very well when working over there. So, I need a car that gets great gas mileage. I honestly really like the look of the Insight (I really like the CRXes that it reminds me of, but they're a little old for this kind of driving), and really enjoy the high efficiency of them as well. So, would you all recommend the Insight, or should I look into something else? Its either this, maybe a Prius, or a VW diesel Golf or Jetta. We've had 2 Hondas, and never had any problems with them before, is the Insight just as reliable? Also, I read that the Insight will be discontinued in September, is there any release on what its successor will be?
CoriolisSTORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
battusai
AF Newbie

Re: Should I get one?

Although Honda has dinscontinued the Insight for 2007, ambitious plans are in the works to transform the next-generation model from an energy-conserving appliance into a genuine sportscar.

There is a good chance the engine and the electric motor will be mounted amidsips, witha combined output of about 130 bhp. It still won't be a pocket-rocket, but handling will be far better than the current car's, yet still boast one of the best fuel economy ratings in the world.

The price of the Insight will still be around US $20,000. More important, the next Insight will be an enthusiast's car.

Source- Road and Track magazine. December 2006

Sorry I can't post the picture.
battusai is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Insight