Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Insight
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
88novarules
AF Enthusiast

B16 Rehash, I know its old idea but still!

I was reading an old thread about a B16 in an insight, okay I have a big prediction on these cars!

In 2008 the batteries are not gonna be as hot as they should and people are going to be hit with the price tag of these new batteries. People that absolutly loved it will spend money and put new batteries in it. In 07 is the best time to buy one when the batteries drop like flies, the tunner crowd is gonna start buying them up cause they are going to be really cheap. Like the old CRX which became really popular to tune drove the price fo the car up. realisticaly they arnt worth what they usualy go for but demand made em worth more. And the B series engines are going to be the most popular engine to swap into it because of availabilty and pricing. One problem that honda has though, but a company fixed, is the way the block is designed. honda is pretty much the only japaneese car company that hasnt turboed a stock engine. reason the way they design them isnt made for turbo. if u plan on turboing any honda engine atleast put a block guard. open sleeve design + turbo = BOOOOOM... There is a company that makes a closed sleeve cnc aluminum block for about 3k, i know that b16s are ment to be cheap, but if you want to race it and turbo it, build it right first. Remember these cars the next CRX. look at em, all u have to do is rework some stuff with some good ol fiberglass and itl look like a modern day CRX. And for those out there that make fun of it, youl understand it, you will understand it. The first day i saw it I thought it was a CRX.

(French drivers are better than American drivers, guess thats all they are good at, fleeing from a battle in thier rally car)
88novarules is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Insight