Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Storm
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
tkswan
AF Regular

Power to the compressor

I bought my daughter an immaculate 1991 geo storm. Standard transmission. My problem is the ac. It's is blowing warm air. There [is] power to the ac button in the car but I am noticing that the compressor clutch is not cycling on and off. I dont hear the clicks nor do I get engine drag from the additional load. The ac compressor pully is turning smooth and quiet. The belt is good (new) and tight. I watched it for a while and the compressor clutch is not engaging at all. I removed the ac relay and switched it out with a good one with no change. Its obvious that the first issue to tackle would be to get the clutch to engage, then I can check freon levels. Anybody have an idea as to why the compressor clutch is not getting power if the problem is not the ac relay? It's darn hot in Texas.

No takers hu? Well its fall now and I still have no clue. I hear that a low freon level activates causes the compressor to not operate to prevent it from damaging itself. Anybody ever hear of that?

Last edited by tkswan; 10-10-2007 at 01:01 PM.
tkswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
bearcat329
AF Regular

Wink Re: Power to the compressor

an my 96 blazer, the compresser will not run if the freon is too low, so get it serviced and have it checked for leaks
hth
Rick, Ore
bearcat329 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Storm