Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 07:09 PM   #1
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Post 2003 Murano sport wagon

Quote:
by Joe Kohn
NEW YORK -- The 2003 Murano sport wagon, a fresh attempt by Nissan Division to adopt more striking design, goes on sale this fall.

"Rather than being confined to a conventional two-box-on-four-wheels, the Nissan Murano's designers had free reign to create a more dynamic and dramatic exterior," said Bill Kirrane, Nissan Division general manager.

The Murano features vertical headlights, d-pillars that sweep inward toward the roof and a rounded tailgate. Nissan calls the look part of its "sculpture in motion" theme.

With a length of 187.6 inches, the Murano seats five. It will be powered by a 3.5-liter, DOHC V-6 engine that generates more than 240 hp. The engine, which is in the same family as the Altima and 350Z, will be attached to a continuously variable transmission, Nissan's first for the U.S. market. It will come in front-wheel and all-wheel-drive versions.

The Murano also shares the FFL platform - the name indicating "front engine, front drive" - with the Altima and the 350Z coupe. The 350Z arrives this summer.

Jed Connelly, Nissan senior vice president of sales and marketing, said the division hopes to sell about 55,000 units of the truck in its first year.

Connelly declined to give an estimate of the vehicle's sticker price or targeted competitors.
Another article:
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...7920.html?NEWS
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 06:34 AM   #2
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Dude, I'm really regretting not having taken my laptop with me out of town... You know that I get off on reporting news on AF (especially that of Nissan)! LOL :hehehe: Oh well, I suppose I've learned my lesson from straying from the computer for more than a 3 hour period.

My goal is to beat Igor to the announcement of the revelation of a production U.S. GT-R! Curses, he is too quick.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
MaFi0s0
AF Regular

the front reminds me of that weird hotwheels car that got re-released(the ugly one with the oversized front grill)
and the rest reminds me of a honda hr-v
MaFi0s0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 06:06 PM   #4
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

It's nice to see the future of automobiles has a place for crossovers, but I'd hate to see these things take away from the already small number of sports car buyers.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 06:10 PM   #5
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
It's nice to see the future of automobiles has a place for crossovers, but I'd hate to see these things take away from the already small number of sports car buyers.
Ditto that.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 03:55 PM   #6
fairmike
AF Newbie

Question

They ought to give at least an idea of what the cost will be. I'm certainly not going to fill out a bunch of stuff without knowing "ballpark" on what the car will cost.
Mike Fair
fairmike is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45