Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lexus > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 12:19 PM   #1
Pharty012
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pharty012
Supra Supra Supra

AHH... i've heard rumors of the 03 SUPRA thats gonna come out for lexus but does anyone know what it's gonna be like?? i bet you some of the performance might be taken away for luxury.. but it's still a tight car..
Pharty012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 01:41 PM   #2
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Hmmm... Where'd you hear that?
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:07 PM   #3
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i don't think they're gunna take away performance for luxury.... I'm pretty sure that if they do release it under the Lexus name then it's only to justify the price tag
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 10:52 AM   #4
Pharty012
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pharty012
s2000 what do you mean by where have i heard that from?????
Pharty012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 08:05 PM   #5
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
You said you heard rumors. Like from where?
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 03:48 AM   #6
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

I've heard that, but I know its a rumor. Toyota initially wanted to replace the Supra with something along the same genes, so would thereby be from Toyota, and not Lexus. But seeing how the trend is going with the NSX, and soon the U.S. GT-R (X35), being propped up in their respective luxury car divisions, they might just stick the GT5000 or whatever they will call it, into Lexus.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:48 PM   #7
RicE RoCKeT 000
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RicE RoCKeT 000
2003 Supra

Yes, Lexus will be releasing a new Supra in 2003. It is a V10, twin turbo engine. But, the price will be over $50,000. Check your local Lexus dealer for more specs. Peace.
RicE RoCKeT 000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:36 PM   #8
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: 2003 Supra

Quote:
Originally posted by RicE RoCKeT 000
Yes, Lexus will be releasing a new Supra in 2003. It is a V10, twin turbo engine. But, the price will be over $50,000. Check your local Lexus dealer for more specs. Peace.
you gotta source??

The MKIV supra was over $50k too

and i REALLY doubt it'll be a V10.... since the insurance in japan is charged by the amount of cylinders, so nobody will buy it

that's why there are so many 4 bangers there, and not many sports cars that are over 6 cylinders
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 09-13-2002, 06:18 PM   #9
ericgrooms
AF Newbie

Supra

Toyota will come out with a Supra in 2005. It will be a V-10 (based off of their V-10's they use in the limo's that Toyota builds in Japan). It will approx $100K. Just thought I'd let you know.
ericgrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:53 PM   #10
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: Supra

Quote:
Originally posted by ericgrooms
Toyota will come out with a Supra in 2005. It will be a V-10 (based off of their V-10's they use in the limo's that Toyota builds in Japan). It will approx $100K. Just thought I'd let you know.
I doubt it.... there have been lots of rumors flying around about the new Supra, and thats one of them. If you can show me something official from Toyota that says that, then I'll believe

Most likely it'll still be a twin turbo inline 6 to keep up the tradition... and i dont think it will be $100k either, that's way too much and they dont want the Supra to be like the MKIV again they'll want it to sell alot. I think around the $50k range sounds right, that's close to how much the last gen was sold for, $60k at the most
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 02-21-2003, 08:42 PM   #11
JWatson
AF Enthusiast

Re: Supra

Quote:
Originally posted by ericgrooms
Bzzzzzzzzz............. WRONG
Old 07-28-2003, 10:59 PM   #12
Letmethinkonthis1
AF Newbie

The 2005 Supra, the real scoop

Not to burst anyone's bubble (really) but I am a Sales Consultant for a Toyota dealership in Dallas/Ft Worth, and if anyone thinks that the 2005 Supra (not even sure it will be a Supra) will be supercharged, turbocharged, or otherwise have more than 6 cylinders, you are truely in for a VERY big disappointment.

Here is what is up with the new "Supra" (which, BTW, we don't even know if that is what it will be. Did I mention it may not be a Supra, LOL). It will come in 2 trim levels. An inline 6 with output somewhere at around 240HP, and a more potent 3.5L 24V DOHC V6 with possibly around 285HP. Transmission will be 6 Speed or Optional 5 speed. (As I understand it)

The car will debut next year (2004) as a 2005 Model and MSRP will begin at around $30,000 (Think NISSAN 350Z folks!). Toyota dropped the Twin Turbo idea in lieu of the new Nissan Z car. This was to keep it competative with the Z and Evo cars. I have no word on a Lexus version of the car, but I am sure it is entirely possible.

One last thing, don't expect to run out to your nearest Toyota dealership. Only volume dealerships will get them first, and pre-purchase will be at around $5000 over sticker (market adjustment) and will be non-negotiable.

As we here at Toyota get our first look at the car, I will try to get the info to you guys.

Have fun and save your pennies, cause like the Z, it won't be cheap. Oh, and when they arrive, call me up if you want one
Letmethinkonthis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:46 PM   #13
furman
AF Newbie

new supra

Hey guys umm got some good news. There will be 2 cars comming out. One for lexus it will be a twin turbo v8, and i read this in a magizine, and then toyota will come out with something to. It is all comming out in 05 so there you go you wanted some proof there it is i read it in an article and so there it is.
furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 03:33 AM   #14
NerveAgent
AF Enthusiast

Re: Supra Supra Supra

oh really
NerveAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:54 AM   #15
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

Re: Supra Supra Supra

well i heard the supra and celica might come back as lexus models, i keep forgeting where i heard this, must be in the celica forums
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote